Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With time for replacement running out, I bought on launch day, I was wondering whether it is worth trying to replace my phones.

Does anyone have Pre without any stuck, dead pixels?

I have 2 Pre-s (white/yellow packaging) and both have 7 dead and stuck pixels. Otherwise they work OK. I'd like to get unit that actually does not have any but if my likelihood of actually getting one is not good I'd rather save me trouble.

So....
    I was really worried about the quality issues when i got my phone but my brother and I have had ours for about 3 days or so and we have yet to discover any real hardware issues that require exchange. No breaks, cracks, or dead pixels. The only problems we notice are those that seem universal to all the pres - erratic signal strength, and a slight give on the slider (which I'm beginning to think is just part of the design as it seems everyone has reported this).
    I only have 2 pixels that you only see on a rare occasion, like when you tube is gearing up to show a video or something. I hae not seen it when I use the phone for anything at all. I considered exchanging it, but for WHAT?? No sprint stores near my home or work (I work in NYC) have any phone to exchange it with.
    My Pre is flawless as far as I can tell.

I haven't looked for dead pixels but if there were any I'd probably notice them, as I tend to see such things.

I'm not exactly going to start looking because if there is one, once I see it I'll always see it and it'll annoy the heck out of me. Ignorance is bliss.
    I got mine on June 6. It still had version 1.01 on it. No dead pixels.
    I have one dead pixel that showed up about a week ago. I got my Pre at launch. It's only really noticeable on Dark/Grey Screens (such as when i turn off the Pre). I don't think i will exchange it out of fear I get one with worse problems. But if I see any more dead pixels before my 30 days are up I may still swing by the Sprint Store.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Launch day Pre here - no dead or stuck pixels.
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
    I got mine last week and it is perfect. I was worried about it after reading all the posts but all of the issues reported here (blotching, heat, dead pixels) haven't happened to mine yet. I do have sub par battery life and a very slight wobble in the slider but the wobble is barely noticeable.
    No dead pixels for me and I got mine on June 6th with the warranty date of 5/23/2009
    Launch day Pre here also with no dead or stuck pixels
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Launch day pre... perfect.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    On my second Pre and about to exchange for a third. Every Pre I have seen has had dead pixels (about 5 in total including my Wife's Pre). If you really want to know if a Pre has dead pixels, look at it carefully while it is powering up or down and is displaying a black screen. Very noticeable then. I'm just hoping to get one with very few or no dead pixels that are not noticeable during normal use. The first one I had had dead pixels near the bottom of the screen where the rounded corners of each screen are displayed and were very distracting. Really wish they would have used a better vendor for the screens...seem to be a number of problems with them.
    yes
    I would be interested in how many of us that do not have any bad pixels also do not use screen protectors. I bet its a pretty high percentage.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    no dead pixels, and no screen protection
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I got mine on June 6. It still had version 1.01 on it. No dead pixels.
    Same with me.
    Day 1 Pre here with no dead/stuck pixel.
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hegemon View Post
    Same with me.
    Same here too. However, it took me awhile to notice screen discoloration located in the upper left corner. It is hard to notice unless certain colors are displayed. Like, in the screen test when you get to the green colored screen...

holy crap, I just did the screen test because I wanted to make sure it was the green color, but my discoloration is gone. Weird. It was definitely there before. I better check again later.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Day 1 Pre no screen protector and no dead pixels.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Received mine from Walmart on 6/13 not a one dead pixel
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast