Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. dvdmax's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
       #1  
    Now my notifications come in with Flyinoff.mp3... http://bigsoundeffects.com/soundeffe...s/FlyinOff.mp3

    Love it!!!!

    flame away
  2. #2  
    now if i could just get my 'pimpmypre' to work lol -
  3. dvdmax's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
       #3  
    Why doesn't it work? Did you root the pre, or something? There is a new version. Just reinstall it.
  4. #4  
    I'm using the Kim Possible Kimmunicator sound.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  5. #5  
    Just a friendly FYI....All you need to know about this is already going on over here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...o-rooting.html
  6. #6  
    So basically you whored your Pre out for money?

    I never got the whole "Pimp my whatever" fad. To pimp something out means to make a ***** out of it.
  7. #7  
    pimp my "...." just means to make it look pimp... not necissarily to pimp it "out" for money
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    So basically you whored your Pre out for money?
    Was that wrong? Should I not have done that?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by trucanes99 View Post
    pimp my "...." just means to make it look pimp... not necissarily to pimp it "out" for money
    Don't argue the point with him, he's right. I am young, I know the meaning, but he is still right. Just because there is a trendy way to say something, doesn't make incorrect or broken english, ebonics etc. correct.
  10. jbc28's Avatar
    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    #10  
    Sorry for such a basic question, but what is the difference between an alert and a notification? I just installed this program too.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Don't argue the point with him, he's right. I am young, I know the meaning, but he is still right. Just because there is a trendy way to say something, doesn't make incorrect or broken english, ebonics etc. correct.
    huh?
  12. #12  
    Does this program really work or what? I have never used a homebrew app before and am alittle worried about them.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
  13. jbc28's Avatar
    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    Does this program really work or what? I have never used a homebrew app before and am alittle worried about them.
    It works great on my Pre. I finally have a sound that gets my attention.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Just a friendly FYI....All you need to know about this is already going on over here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...o-rooting.html
    Um... that's AFTER our app was out - and we can set you to Palm's real defaults - not a copy you put into your ringtones folder. Also, all that code happened on pre dev AFTER we posted a youtube video of the app a month ago. Go back and check your dates.

    And I apologize for the name of the site (since you poke fun at that in other threds), but try and find a good Pre site name in April of 2009. If you know anything about SEOSEOSEO... $whatever$ - $it$ $works$ $and$ $we$'$re$ $growing$. $I$ $understand$ $that$ $there$'$s$ $going$ $to$ $be$ $people$ $that$ $don$'$t$ $like$ $it$.

    We have ONE site and we do ONE thing - develop for the Pre. Look at all the other sites this one is associated with - and we're still competing.

    Pre Central offered to post our app, but it's attitude like yours towards us all over this forum that makes us weary of ever doing it. We want to deal with Pre sites that believe that we're all in it together and working towards one goal - an open, free community.

    I'm working with xorg and I'm giving him my procedures on how to package up applications using a linux hosted web server. What exactly have you coded?

    When you have an app - we'll be more than happy to send it out to our users.
    Last edited by pimpmypre; 06/26/2009 at 07:18 AM.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I'm using the Kim Possible Kimmunicator sound.
    Haha, yes!! That show rocks! Or rocked. I don't know if it's still on. Anyway, props!
  16. mcnutty's Avatar
    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #16  
    I have a Willie the Pimp ringer.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
  17. #17  
    Relax Neodorian...... Not what you think it is.... Geez
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypre View Post
    Um... that's AFTER our app was out - and we can set you to Palm's real defaults - not a copy you put into your ring tones folder. Also, all that code happened on pre dev AFTER we posted a youtube video of the app a month ago. Go back and check your dates.
    Look. All I was doing was pointing the guy to the thread with the discussion about your application. If you read the thread you would see that it takes you from your initial release and then to your latest release, which as far as I know, works perfectly. There seemed to be a lot of help/interest in that thread and if he was to read a few pages of it I knew that all his questions would be answered.

    Its no secret I find the name of your application to be ill advised. However I have never and will never criticize the effort you put into developing it or fail to acknowledge your contribution to the development effort.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Look. All I was doing was pointing the guy to the thread with the discussion about your application. If you read the thread you would see that it takes you from your initial release and then to your latest release, which as far as I know, works perfectly. There seemed to be a lot of help/interest in that thread and if he was to read a few pages of it I knew that all his questions would be answered.

    Its no secret I find the name of your application to be ill advised. However I have never and will never criticize the effort you put into developing it or fail to acknowledge your contribution to the development effort.
    Sorry ryleyinstl - we get a lot of flack from people over here. And I also don't understand why an app that already exists is being copied, while providing less functionality - and Palm will eventually replace them both anyway. It seems like the community is going to spend too much time with back and forth instead of just sharing. If Kearney wants me code on how to add a toggle switch and change the sounds to default, I'd give it, but we haven't been asked.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypre View Post
    Um... that's AFTER our app was out - and we can set you to Palm's real defaults - not a copy you put into your ringtones folder. Also, all that code happened on pre dev AFTER we posted a youtube video of the app a month ago. Go back and check your dates.

    And I apologize for the name of the site (since you poke fun at that in other threds), but try and find a good Pre site name in April of 2009. If you know anything about SEOSEOSEO... $whatever$ - $it$ $works$ $and$ $we$'$re$ $growing$. $I$ $understand$ $that$ $there$'$s$ $going$ $to$ $be$ $people$ $that$ $don$'$t$ $like$ $it$.

    We have ONE site and we do ONE thing - develop for the Pre. Look at all the other sites this one is associated with - and we're still competing.

    Pre Central offered to post our app, but it's attitude like yours towards us all over this forum that makes us weary of ever doing it. We want to deal with Pre sites that believe that we're all in it together and working towards one goal - an open, free community.

    I'm working with xorg and I'm giving him my procedures on how to package up applications using a linux hosted web server. What exactly have you coded?

    When you have an app - we'll be more than happy to send it out to our users.
    FORGET THEM,. keep up the awesome great work!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions