1.    #1  
    I haven't seen anyone report this, so maybe this is an isolated incident, but I recently upgraded to 1.0.3 and notice a couple of things. First, I noticed the phone was overall slower. Second, many times, I would make a call and not hear anything at all, not even a ring, while the person on the other side heard the ring and even answered the call. My phone would say "Connecting" and the call timer would start as soon as the other person answered the call, but I did not hear anything at all from the moment I pressed Call.

So I decided to reset the phone, went to Device Info -> Partial Erase (a full erase only adds deleting data on the USB drive: photos, etc.) The process went smoothly and I received the same prompts I received when I turned my PrPrPr&#$275$; $on$ $for$ $the$ $first$ $time$ ($set$ $the$ $language$, $create$ $or$ $log$ $in$ $to$ $a$ $Palm$ $profile$). $I$ $logged$ $in$ $to$ $my$ $Palm$ $profile$ $and$ $the$ $phone$ $said$ $it$ $was$ $restoring$ $all$ $settings$ $and$ $applications$ $I$ $had$ $installed$ $before$, $which$ $took$ $approximately$ $15$ $minutes$. $Fine$ $and$ $dandy$.

I noticed these problems after the restore, the last one being the most critical for me, since the other two I know how to solve:

1) My Facebook password (for Synergy) wasn't saved. Still, it seems the PrPrPr&#$275$; $try$ $to$ $log$ $in$ $to$ $Facebook$, $as$ $I$ $received$ $a$ $notification$ $saying$ &$quot$;$Facebook$ $password$ $was$ $wrong$&$quot$;. $I$ $just$ $clicked$ $on$ $it$, $entered$ $the$ $correct$ $password$ $and$ $the$ $phone$ $took$ $it$.

2) All linked profiles in my Contacts were lost. I had to manually link them one by one again.

3) I don't have the "All Inboxes" smart folder and don't know how to get it back! I have tried enabling and disabling this option in Preferences & Accounts, but I do not get the "All Inboxes" folder I find very useful, since I have 5 different e-mail accounts configured. The "All Flagged" folder works as expected, but not "All Inboxes". I can't get it to show. This seems like a real bug and one I can't get away from. Does anybody have any suggestion for this?

EDIT: A second search (I swear I searched before I posted) let me to this person's experience after going through the same process (I have less than 10 posts, so I can't post links yet; here it is: h**p://forums.precentral.net/1699662-post1.html) and restarting the phone did the trick for All Inboxes.
    Last edited by Razor1973; 06/25/2009 at 09:12 AM.
    I can tell you that my upgrade to 1.0.3 was very smooth.....5 minute process. No drawbacks that I can notice. From what I have read around here my experience was typical.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I can tell you that my upgrade to 1.0.3 was very smooth.....5 minute process. No drawbacks that I can notice. From what I have read around here my experience was typical.
    I experienced the same problems as this person in the link above.

• Device name was gone (if you had changed the default one).

• Bluetooth configuration was lost.

• WiFi configuration was lost.

• Linked profiles were lost.

• Non-default browser bookmarks were lost.

• All Inboxes smart folder was gone (provided you have more than 1 e-mail account configured) until you reboot again.
    Last edited by Razor1973; 06/25/2009 at 09:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor1973 View Post
    I haven't seen anyone report this, so maybe this is an isolated incident, but I recently upgraded to 1.0.3 and notice a couple of things. First, I noticed the phone was overall slower. Second, many times, I would make a call and not hear anything at all, not even a ring, while the person on the other side heard the ring and even answered the call. My phone would say "Connecting" and the call timer would start as soon as the other person answered the call, but I did not hear anything at all from the moment I pressed Call.

So I decided to reset the phone, went to Device Info -> Partial Erase (a full erase only adds deleting data on the USB drive: photos, etc.) The process went smoothly and I received the same prompts I received when I turned my PrPrPr&#$275$; $on$ $for$ $the$ $first$ $time$ ($set$ $the$ $language$, $create$ $or$ $log$ $in$ $to$ $a$ $Palm$ $profile$). $I$ $logged$ $in$ $to$ $my$ $Palm$ $profile$ $and$ $the$ $phone$ $said$ $it$ $was$ $restoring$ $all$ $settings$ $and$ $applications$ $I$ $had$ $installed$ $before$, $which$ $took$ $approximately$ $15$ $minutes$. $Fine$ $and$ $dandy$.

I noticed these problems after the restore, the last one being the most critical for me, since the other two I know how to solve:

1) My Facebook password (for Synergy) wasn't saved. Still, it seems the PrPrPr&#$275$; $try$ $to$ $log$ $in$ $to$ $Facebook$, $as$ $I$ $received$ $a$ $notification$ $saying$ &$quot$;$Facebook$ $password$ $was$ $wrong$&$quot$;. $I$ $just$ $clicked$ $on$ $it$, $entered$ $the$ $correct$ $password$ $and$ $the$ $phone$ $took$ $it$.

2) All linked profiles in my Contacts were lost. I had to manually link them one by one again.

3) I don't have the "All Inboxes" smart folder and don't know how to get it back! I have tried enabling and disabling this option in Preferences & Accounts, but I do not get the "All Inboxes" folder I find very useful, since I have 5 different e-mail accounts configured. The "All Flagged" folder works as expected, but not "All Inboxes". I can't get it to show. This seems like a real bug and one I can't get away from. Does anybody have any suggestion for this?

EDIT: A second search (I swear I searched before I posted) let me to this person's experience after going through the same process (I have less than 10 posts, so I can't post links yet; here it is: h**p://forums.precentral.net/1699662-post1.html) and restarting the phone did the trick for All Inboxes.
    Same problem on mine after doing a hard reset. The all inbox in e-mail was not there anymore, have to look at separate inboxes. Powering off and on the Pre fixed the all inboxes issue. Also the backup / restore feature didn't safe bookmarks in the WWW broswer, or the links I made to the launcher, which is another serious problem that needs to be fixed. And another important feature, it doesn't save WIFI settings so if you're in a bad signal area but have good wifi in your house, you will not be able to take advantage of your better WIFI connection when restoring data. Palm, the Pre seriously needs a desktop app for full backup and restore like the Tro's did. And bring back our old memo's app! The pretty little BS app that there is utter fluff and garbage compared to the more functional memo's feature on the original Palm. Also Google Gmail doesn't support memos / notes, but if you have a Yahoo account that supports notes "memos".
    Last edited by Ben7seven7; 06/25/2009 at 09:51 AM.