Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I'm having a hard time congiguring my Pre to my WiFi in my home. My company provides the internet service in my home which comes p as a secure connection. I was able to get the password from a friend in IT, but when I entered it, it comes up "IP configuation failed". I've also tried to enter it as a new connection, change to WEP and so forth... Anyone smarter than me think of what I may have missed....? THX!
    two possible things come across my mind for this since your company provided it for you...

1. they set it up with MAC address filtering (to add an extra security layer. disable it or add your PRE's MAC address to the table)

2. dhcp is not enabled for some odd reason (check the router settings)
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Company didn't provide the pre..., just the WiFi router...
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I think he's talking about your network, not your phone.

Your wireless router or your company's network might be set to allow only certain MAC IDs to connect to the network. If you control your wireless router, you can add your phone's MAC ID to your router's filter. This is done to your router, not to the phone.

If, instead, your company's network uses a MAC filter, then your IT guy would need to add the phone's MAC id to the company's MAC filter; this is done to the company's server, not to your phone.

Same with the dhcp.
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.