1.    #1  
    I work for a state organization that requires full device encryption for all mobile devices. The BB offers it.

If I can't get the Pre to do it, I can't get the Pre.
    No word of this yet.

But you do have Remote Wipe capability within your Palm Profile.
    I guess you can't get the Pre. Enjoy your BB
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Has there been any improvement on this end? It's been great how much my wife loves her Pre, but her company is implementing a new policy that to access the EAS her phone must be encryptable and wipeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barebuns View Post
    Has there been any improvement on this end? It's been great how much my wife loves her Pre, but her company is implementing a new policy that to access the EAS her phone must be encryptable and wipeable.
    The phone is lockable and does support PIN policies (simple or complex). This should fit most IT happiness levels.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  6.    #6  
    I love my Pre. That said, I work for a NYS gov't entity. State policy requires data-at-rest encryption.

From what I gather, the Pre supports OTA encryption as well as the ability to remotely wipe the device but at-rest encryption / full-device encryption is still not available. Unfortunately for me that means I need to carry a BB along with my Pre :-(

It looks like there are encryption libraries available but the email/tasks/cal/memos apps would need to be updated to have data encrypted and only decrypt upon a valid pwd entry (or via the pin).

This really needs to be addressed if this has any chance of being an enterprise device. I love it way more than my wife's iPhone 3G but that doesn't matter to the state ISO.
    I would quit my job, before I would give up my pre
    Well, at least it encrypts tha app data and it can only be accessible while cryptofs is mounted (it's not while in usb mode).

Maybe this can be extended to other parts of the filesystem, but no native support yet