1.    #1  
    If you look at Google's line up of phones supported for their mobile stuff, Palm and especially the Pre is missing.
    for a phone that relies so heavily on Google for contacts, cal, email (the only option available) right out of the box, why is pre not supported by Google?
    Very good question. I'd assume it is because they haven't completed work on all their apps to be compatible with WebOS. That is, if they even plan to do so.
    I would like to see latitude come to the pre. Not sure why it's not.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    If you look at Google's line up of phones supported for their mobile stuff, Palm and especially the Pre is missing.
    for a phone that relies so heavily on Google for contacts, cal, email (the only option available) right out of the box, why is pre not supported by Google?
    there's no way we can know the extent of support google has for the pre but a little bit of googling (or searching this site) would have shown you this http://www.precentral.net/google-mob...about-palm-pre, being that the first week the pre came out we saw applications everyday and now there seems to be an application freeze. So im guessing google could be migrating their apps to their pre since they seem to love it, just palm is waiting for SDK release and Im assuming suprise us with a whole Truckload of apps.
    How about a link so we can see where you are looking at this?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    How about a link so we can see where you are looking at this?
    i posted a link in first post...
    As of now, not even Google's sites work correctly. Gmail (through the web client, not Pre's built-in email client) and Google Reader do not work correctly. Try selecting an email on Gmail and clicking the "Archive" or "Delete" buttons. Yeah.

The iPhone just got a "swipe to archive" feature from Gmail. We have to reload the page to get an email to archive or delete. C'mon, Google!