1.    #1  
    Wal-Mart To Carry Palm Pre -- Wal-Mart Smartphone -- InformationWeek

Didn't see this in any other threads (yes, I searched). Should be interesting to see if this makes a big difference in Pre sales...
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Before launch, there was 4 retail locations we were told we could get the Pre
    1. Sprint
    2. Radio Shack
    3. Best Buy
    4. Walmart

I have never looked at Walmart, so I'm not sure if they have started selling it yet.
    I got mine at WalMart at launch and my sister-in-law got her's there yesterday. $199.88.

Funny thing is none of the Radio Shacks in my town got any. They still haven't.
  4.    #4  
    Guess I missed it pre-launch...and probably would have put it in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category anyway. Here it is though:

Walmart.com: Palm Pre Smart Phone, PALM100HK: Cell Phones

although I haven't been in a Walmart to see if it's actually there. Is that one penny cheaper than Sprint sells it for? You GO Walmart!
    Wow, I don't recall hearing about Walmart selling the Pre prior to launch, either. I'll keep that in mind since Radio Shack, Sprint Store, Best Buy, and Walmart are all within a 500 yard radius in my town.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nochmal View Post
    Guess I missed it pre-launch...and probably would have put it in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category anyway. Here it is though:

Walmart.com: Palm Pre Smart Phone, PALM100HK: Cell Phones

although I haven't been in a Walmart to see if it's actually there. Is that one penny cheaper than Sprint sells it for? You GO Walmart!

Wow, I clicked the link to see what stores carried by my house - only 3 stores in Louisiana, and none in the New Orleans area (unless you count Hammond, which is 30 miles + northwest of New Orleans
    I work at the Walmart Corporate office here in Bentonville, Arkansas. There have been company wide memo's from time to time making mention of the Pre...and I've even looked in our database and there is training material in there for people that work in the field. (which was really fun to read before the pre was released!) Unfortunately none of the local Walmart stores here carry Sprint...which sucked because I could have gotten my corporate discount.

BTW..guess who is Wal-Mart's official carrier for our business phones? Sprint! We just recently switched from Treos to Blackberry Curves as the standard issued smartphones.
    Last edited by GoTitans; 06/24/2009 at 10:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I purchased mine at Walmart also. They have better deals than Sprint on almost every phone. Pre was $0.02 cheaper than at the sprint store
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Wal-Mart To Carry Palm Pre -- Wal-Mart Smartphone -- InformationWeek

Didn't see this in any other threads (yes, I searched). Should be interesting to see if this makes a big difference in Pre sales...
    LOL! Notice the date of the article, sweetie. This has been known by diehards like me for over a month.

Nonetheless, what would be news and seems to be apparent in this thread is that they've actually gotten any stock.

[Link Removed Because I Can't Post Them Yet]

I bought my Pre at Walmart on 6/19. That page you linked to has a PDF of all Walmart launch stores. Unfortunately, the two closest stores to me that stock the Pre are approximately 1.5 & 2 hours drive respectively. I still made the drive though because Best Buy had no stock with a 30 deep waiting list, Radio Shack had not even gotten them yet, and Sprint had a 70 deep waiting list. Walmart had 3 just sitting there.

One thing to keep in mind when buying from Walmart is that they can't put you on a Everything Plus Referral Program plan (new SERO). Instead, they signed me up for an equivalent plan ($69.99, 450 min.) and I called Sprint Customer Service who moved me over to the $59.99, 500 min. EPRP plan with no trouble at all. Also, for some reason, 2 out of the 5 launch stores here in FL are in the North Central & Mid Central locations of the state which are less populated. I suppose that worked to my advantage though because the rednecks don't know what the Pre is meaning the store had stock! I also got an instant rebate from going through Walmart, so no dealing with that mail in crap.

I guess the moral of the story is to find a Walmart that is a little out of the way that stocks the Pre and go get yourself one.
    I saw a couple at a local Walmart tonight. I wish I would have known if they were available last week. I would have bought it there and to avoid the Sprint rebate nonsense.