Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    One thing that I noticed and which has irked me a little is those situations when you call a company, for example, and you're required to go through the automated menu ...

    Well, to make a call, i pull up the dial-pad on screen and dial the number. Then as it's ringing, I have the phone to my ear and the screen goes into what is basically sleep mode. Well, when I'm prompted to press 1 or 2 or whatever and I pull my phone away from my ear to key in the number, when the phone comes out of sleep mode, the dial-pad isn't maximized ... I have to look for it at the bottom (it's minimized) and click on it to bring it up again and then key the number I want. Not sure if I described what I'm talking about very well.

    Anyhow, I think it'd be nice if the dial-pad stayed up as a default. Has anyone else noticed this?
  2. Newberry's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #2  
    so what your saying is its to much work to tap it once to max it back out from being minimized?
  3. #3  
    Yea, It would be nice if the dial pad STAYED open until you went back to the call screen, and maybe was an OPTION to be defaulted. I like it the way it is though, sans how to goes back automatically. I typically just use speakerphone until I am out of menus.

    Tiny bit off topic, but am I the only one that LOOOOOVEEEESSS the on screen dial pad? I haven't touched my keyboard keys to dial a number anymore. SO responsive, so accurate, so nice to use. Big difference from my PalmOS/WinMO phones.
  4. dago52's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by corolla90 View Post
    One thing that I noticed and which has irked me a little is those situations when you call a company, for example, and you're required to go through the automated menu ...

    Well, to make a call, i pull up the dial-pad on screen and dial the number. Then as it's ringing, I have the phone to my ear and the screen goes into what is basically sleep mode. Well, when I'm prompted to press 1 or 2 or whatever and I pull my phone away from my ear to key in the number, when the phone comes out of sleep mode, the dial-pad isn't maximized ... I have to look for it at the bottom (it's minimized) and click on it to bring it up again and then key the number I want. Not sure if I described what I'm talking about very well.

    Anyhow, I think it'd be nice if the dial-pad stayed up as a default. Has anyone else noticed this?

    I agree with you 100 percent. It is a pain in the foot when I am checking my voice mail.
  5. #5  
    The pre has a proximity sensor that turns off the screen so you don't accidentally hit buttons while talking. You can always just used the hard keyboard for menus.
  6. Newberry's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBouch View Post
    The pre has a proximity sensor that turns off the screen so you don't accidentally hit buttons while talking. You can always just used the hard keyboard for menus.
    ive actually noticed this, cause its nice when i pull the phone down after talking that it comes on, and then i can just press END.
  7. #7  
    WM is the same - the keypad goes away so you can have a big contact picture on the screen to look at. I have just gotten used to hitting that button to bring the dial pad back up.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
  8. twosted's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #8  
    This doesn't happen to me. When I bring the phone away from my ear the dialpad displays in full screen.
  9. kcs7272's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    This doesn't happen to me. When I bring the phone away from my ear the dialpad displays in full screen.
    Same here.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    This doesn't happen to me. When I bring the phone away from my ear the dialpad displays in full screen.
    That's exactly the way mine works as well.
  11. #11  
    Same here
  12. #12  
    The "dialpad" or the phone app is on the screen? I just pulled up the dialpad and dialed a number that is in my contact list. When you hit connect, the phone starts dialing and then a picture - or blank green screen if no contact picture is available - takes over the screen and you have the 4 buttons - speaker, mute, dialpad, add a call - at the bottom, the number you are calling is at the top. But you have to press the dialpad button to bring up the actual dialpad again if you need to tap additional numbers.

    Right?
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions