1.    #1  
    Hi, I've not noticed this icon before, I just got a replacement unit yesterday. I took a photo. It looks kind of like a dial pad with old fashioned phone on top of it. It's to the left of the EV (Evdo) icon. Anyone know what that's for? I did a quick browse of the online user manual and don't see any photo's with that symbol on it.

P.S. My replacement Pre fixed the screen blotching I had on the first (for the most part), but now I have a slider with gap on top and it moves a little bit when in the closed position. Going to try to get it replaced, hopefully that will also have a good screen, but tight flush slider like my first one. Keeping fingers crossed.

P.P.S. I found out the icon is the TTY service for hearing impaired. It's enabled or disabled in the phone preferences.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ben7seven7; 06/24/2009 at 09:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    its tty
  3.    #4  
    lol I did do a quick search but obviously didn't spend enough time on it. Thanks that solved the question of the icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben7seven7 View Post
    lol I did do a quick search but obviously didn't spend enough time on it. Thanks that solved the question of the icon.
    TTY.. I am surprised everyone doesn't know that these days.. And no offense intended Ben7seven7..
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by acipollo View Post
    TTY.. I am surprised everyone doesn't know that these days.. And no offense intended Ben7seven7..
    Myself and many other people know what TTY is, we just don't know what the icon was on the Pre and that it was releated with the TTY function on the Pre being on or off.
    i effing despise when people say "search is your friend" either help the guy out or dont reply with smart *** search remarks.. do something with your life and get off inet forums.
    Well searching would help aleviate forum clutter, if nothing comes up then you post...simple simple. no need to get angry.
    huh?

Twitter: ed_moscoso
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    i effing despise when people say "search is your friend" either help the guy out or dont reply with smart *** search remarks.. do something with your life and get off inet forums.
    Depends on what it is. This is kind of difficult to search for because it's an icon that you don't know what it is. What do you put in the search box? But one person posted, "What is SERO" when there was a sticky, multiple threads about it, and just typing SERO into Google brings up multiple useful results. Usually I like to help people, but that kind of irritated me. It's just lazy. Help yourself and if you can't find the answer, then ask for help from others.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    I have to agree. And the negativity around here... LORD. Look at the threads. I am taking my Pre back, cause it's not an iPhone. My Pre broke...after I dropped it ten times. And the know it all people. Hey some of us come here because we don't know everything.