1.    #1  
    As some of you may have noticed, the "up" and "down" arrows in websites for list boes or small pop up windows etc. Don't show up. Most, if not all of you have figured out how to navigate them, I'm sure, but maybe there are some slow people like me still :-). Hey, my dad (10 year palm os user) can't figure out the slide to answer still! Anyway, heres how it works:

Select something in the list box or window, hold orange key, they swip up or down on screen (NOT gesture area) to scroll. Simple, but took me forever :-D.

NOTE: Things like facebook.com (real site) friend view does NOT work. It cannot be a link, because you MUST select something inside the list box before you hold orange key and scroll or it doesn't recognize. Hopefully a solution for that comes soon.

Thanks.

Sent from my Palm Pre
    Thank you for posting this. I asked this question a while back, specifically about scrolling with and without being able to select anything in the scrollable area.

On the iPhone I've noticed that I can use two fingers and swipe up or down to scroll but was wondering about similar functionality on the Pre. Hopefully at some point the method you mention will work for non-selectable items (that or Palm introduce selectable items everywhere).
    What website can we go to test this?
    Lol I never knew how to do this. Thanks for the infi!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    What website can we go to test this?
    I was taking a peek at MarylandJobs.com, and filling out an HP Customer Support Survey when I learned how to do it. As I said though, it still doesn't work on anything where you can't click inside the list box (like facebook, where the listbox has URL Links) because it will actually open those links when you tap em. If you want to test it though, go to MarylandJobs.com, click "Search Jobs," and you will be able to see a few list boxes to test it on.

Now, fair warning about MarylandJobs.com. For Maryland jobs, this work around kind of acts like a "cursor" you are moving around. Kind of odd, and hard to explain, but you will understand when you try it. For the HP survey, it acted more "normal" and easy to use. I think it depends how it is written.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    As some of you may have noticed, the "up" and "down" arrows in websites for list boes or small pop up windows etc. Don't show up. Most, if not all of you have figured out how to navigate them, I'm sure, but maybe there are some slow people like me still :-). Hey, my dad (10 year palm os user) can't figure out the slide to answer still! Anyway, heres how it works:

Select something in the list box or window, hold orange key, they swip up or down on screen (NOT gesture area) to scroll. Simple, but took me forever :-D.

NOTE: Things like facebook.com (real site) friend view does NOT work. It cannot be a link, because you MUST select something inside the list box before you hold orange key and scroll or it doesn't recognize. Hopefully a solution for that comes soon.

Thanks.

Sent from my Palm Pre
    If you sent that post from your Pre, how did you manage to enter bold and italics, since on the Pre, the special characters don't work? Specially the integer [ ] symbol.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    If you sent that post from your Pre, how did you manage to enter bold and italics, since on the Pre, the special characters don't work? Specially the integer [ ] symbol.
    perhaps he clicked the bold button on the form?

also, thanks for the tip
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    I wonder if this works in the SMS field when youve filled up the box?
    Nevermind...I just checked it out and it doesnt work. You can type like 6-7 lines before it starts cutting off the top. You cant scroll up all the way to the top.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Um..I clicked the B and I on the forum.... Nevermind, I can't hold the lie anymore. I really don't have a Pre, I just wanted all you poor fools to try this and laugh when it doesn't work

NOT sent from my Palm Pre