Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    optimization is one of the last steps in development. You try to get the code working correctly first, then optimize it. Since JavaScript is utilized more in WebOS than competing platforms, moving to a newer version of webkit has more risk for Palm and everything on the phone must be thoroughly tested before releasing a newer version to the public.

What would you rather have? A system that works, but isn't quite as speedy as something else or a system that's fast, but crashes a lot?

Palm has a lot of stuff on their plate and some of the stuff they need to do includes:

• Fix existing bugs ... like the reception issues that slow communication down and increase battery usage
    • Get a stable SDK released to the public
    • Work on adding requested features to make the platform more competitive (ex video recording, system wide cut & paste, etc)

They can prioritize releasing a newer version of webkit after the 1st two issues are taken care of.
    This is all fine and dandy BUT I bought a cell phone that gets POOR reception. Poor reception? Holy crap! Poor reception. That's a major bug! You are right. Palm has more to worry about than competing with Apple, lol.

If their cell phone works poorly as a cell phone...good luck ever competing with Apple. If they can't get reception right then why should I have faith they will be able to get the hard stuff right?

No reception kills every wonderful feature on the Pre...synergy...gps...web os...etc...it all goes down the toilet when my reception is poor. It's a house built on mud and my Pre is sinking into the pit.

When it works, I love it...when it works. And as for reception...it works worse than my last 6 palm cell phones. I wish it weren't the case.
    many vids on youtube and especially the cnet vid with brian tong and bonnie cha did a three way on air, using the 3g signal in a real world testing and the pre did really good.
    the only thing they could pick on was the slow boot up speed. But seriously, who cares. I never reboot my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrowland View Post
    This is all fine and dandy BUT I bought a cell phone that gets POOR reception. Poor reception? Holy crap! Poor reception. That's a major bug! You are right. Palm has more to worry about than competing with Apple, lol.

If their cell phone works poorly as a cell phone...good luck ever competing with Apple. If they can't get reception right then why should I have faith they will be able to get the hard stuff right?

No reception kills every wonderful feature on the Pre...synergy...gps...web os...etc...it all goes down the toilet when my reception is poor. It's a house built on mud and my Pre is sinking into the pit.

When it works, I love it...when it works. And as for reception...it works worse than my last 6 palm cell phones. I wish it weren't the case.
    I hear ya. My reception bounces all over the place at work and at home, and according to the coverage maps, it's supposed to be 5 bars.

But when I went to Hooters for supper, it worked great. It latched on to their wifi right away - couldn't use it though do to their flash intro screen. But that was ok. EV was a solid 5 bars. No wavering signal strength issues at all.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    i just love multitasking!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12