Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    First of all I don't talk while driving. I rarely use bluetooth because they all fall out of my ear. So here is the situation: is it me or is the charge connection placed in the wrong spot. It should be on the bottom. It is very difficult to talk with the cord hanging from the side of the phone. Am I the only one here?
    bluetooth
    put it on speaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-Troy View Post
    bluetooth
    "I rarely use bluetooth because they all fall out of my ear"

read the post.
    Usually Bluetooth but if I don't have that with my then i just talk with the cord attached...
    speaker phone
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    Use the headset that comes with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I would use the speaker but the volume is too low. Living in Manhattan the noise outside is louder than the speaker volume..show me a bluetooth that doesn't fall out of ears then my problem solved.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I use a jawbone II which is a great bluetooth headset, comes with great ear buds and loops that you can find one that should fit.

They also make bluetooth speakers with mics for the car you might check out.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Yeh I thought about the car speakers but you don't always want people to hear your convo.......
    Use an over-the-ear headset instead of an in-ear one. I hate the in-ear ones because they always fall you for me too. The Motorola H710 works great for me, never falls off, and charges with the same cord as the Pre.
    If your car stereo hax an auxillary in jack, plug in your pre - no need for a BT car kit.

Works great & phone doesn't have to close to your face to pick up your voice.

I have my Pre in the dash mounted PDA holder I had for my Centro.
    blewtoothe
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    is it me or is the charge connection placed in the wrong spot?
    It's not you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    I would use the speaker but the volume is too low. Living in Manhattan the noise outside is louder than the speaker volume..show me a bluetooth that doesn't fall out of ears then my problem solved.
    connect via aux input on stero then sound comes from your car speakers and the mic on pre picks up what you say. hands free
    i use the t505. can be used as a speaker phone set up or send the not so private phone conversation through FM
    I think the charger placement is inconvenient as well and I use the included earphones w/mic when in the car. They work great!

I hesitate with bluetooth for 2 reasons; the fit of the earpiece and the battery life of the Pre. Of course battery life is a non-issue if you have the Pre plugged in but I suspect it would become an issue otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbcellular View Post
    Use the headset that comes with the Pre.
    It works great so far!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I always use over the ear BT headsets because the others keep falling out of my ears too. I'm using the Jabra BT530 and it works just swell. I've also used the auxillary jack as others here have mentioned. Both can be good options depending on your situation.

I have to agree that the mini-USB is not in the best spot but it is what it is. I usually use the Touchstone in the car anyway.
    I have a hardwired Bluetooth kit in my car made by Sony Ericsson. It works great but I can't sync my contacts or dial by name because the Pre does not have those BT profiles .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast