1.    #1  
    I frequently use an Interactive Voice Response system which requires punching in social security numbers and other forms of IDs. There are multi-levels that you get to by answering a query with a touch tone. Sometimes my Pre stops sending tones, and all I can do is hang up. The numbers are still showing up in the display areas as I press them, but no tones are sent. When I do press the hangup key - many times I hear the tones being sent rapidly from the keys I had pressed previously. Calls to tech support - although very knowledgable and helpful people - no luck as they haven't experienced this. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I have similar problems when using automated menus with my pre. Mine will work for some menus, and even though I hear the tones when I push the button, the computer on the other end apparently doesn't get them. I've tried hanging up and redialing and keep getting stuck at the same spots, and this is in various automated systems and numbers. When I switch to a landline phone, it works perfectly fine every time. Very frustrating.
    Did you change your dtmf tones to the long setting under phone preferences?
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I didn't know there was a setting so no, but just did, and the same problem. Any other ideas? thanks
    no more suggestions, I just tried to call my automated bank system and it works fine. I used the speakerphone mode. The only other thing I would suggest is a restart, sometimes that has a way of working things out.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Yeah I've tried speaker phone and ear, same results. I have to restart the damned thing at least a few times a day so that's not it either. It works for some systems, others only until a certain menu prompt. Usually entering a longer number like a social is where it gets stuck. The system seems to not hear the tones and says something along the lines of "Sorry, we did not hear all of your numbers". I've tried entering the numbers fast, slow, medium, and nothing works.
    I noticed when I tried to use the keys on the screen I wouldn't get any response from the automatic operator. I then used the keys on the keyboard and it worked perfect everytime no matter what system I dialed. So using the keys on the slide out keyboard might fix your problem. I wonder what the haptic feedback patch turned off. I rarely use the dtmf tones so I guess I will live with it until it becomes a bother.
    I do IVR and VoIP media gateways for a living. I can tell you that 99% of my testing of multiple toll free numbers and local numbers that use IVR systems are done through my Pre. I have no problems at all.

I would suspect your Pre needs to have longer DTMF tones like previously suggested. I wasn't aware of this setting either, but I checked mine and it is set to short.

I'm even running the patch that silences the keys when you dial them and instead makes the Pre vibrate. What happens when you call Sprint voicemail? does that work?
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Tried the keyboard and touch screen, same deal. And like I said, after I changed the DTMF to long, still the same problem. Some systems just don't like the pre I guess.