Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    This would be best in a Sprint subforum, but there isn't one... Might want to create on

    I have had a flip phone for almost 2 years (my contract expires in September). My current flip phone is my first cell phone, and I do not have much experience with the cellular world.

    I looked at Sprint's New For You Upgrade Program, but I was confused.

    If I upgrade my current flip phone, do I get a discount of $75 off of a NEW, DIFFERENT phone (a Palm Pre, for example) or do I get a discount off of a NEW, SAME phone? Or is it neither?

    Thanks everyone!
  2. #2  
    New phone of any model.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
  3. #3  
    When you upgrade u can get a discount on any phone. Since you aren't eligible for a upgrade since September you only get a 75 dollar discount. If you wait until September you can get the full discount on a phone which is a lot. For instance you can get the palm pre for $299 (you get a $100 rebate). If you upgrade right now then the palm pre will cost a lot of money because even if you get $75 dollars taken off, it will still be in the $400 dollar region.
  4.    #4  
    Ok, so it is a new phone. Good

    But don't you pay $199 after the rebate, then take $75 off of that?
  5. #5  
    nope lol. There is only two types of discounts- the full discount (when 2 year contract ends which is $199 for pre) and the early discount (which is the 75 dollar discount if you get a new phone before your 2 year contract ends). So if you get one in September you will be paying $199 (really $299 because they mail the rebate for $100 back to you). They dont give you two discounts only one.
  6.    #6  
    Too bad

    So if I got my Pre now, would I be paying $225 instead of $200? I would MUCH rather pay $25 more now than wait.
  7. #7  
    Noooooo lol. The pre is originally $549.99 if bought it from sprint. Then you get the $100 dollar rebate which makes the phone $449.99 ( The sprint rep told me that the rebate takes 8-10 weeks to process and mailed back to you). Then you get the $75 dollar discount which makes the phone $374.99. So that is the final price if you want to buy the pre right now.
  8.    #8  
    Gah! Even worse.

    Well, I guess I will be waiting then :/
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Ok, so it is a new phone. Good

    But don't you pay $199 after the rebate, then take $75 off of that?
    Wouldn't that be nice!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    This would be best in a Sprint subforum, but there isn't one... Might want to create on
    Sprint is a CDMA Network. There is a CDMA Network subforum. http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-north-america/
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by d0llarm3nu View Post
    Noooooo lol. The pre is originally $549.99 if bought it from sprint. Then you get the $100 dollar rebate which makes the phone $449.99 ( The sprint rep told me that the rebate takes 8-10 weeks to process and mailed back to you). Then you get the $75 dollar discount which makes the phone $374.99. So that is the final price if you want to buy the pre right now.
    I don't even think you get the rebate. So it would be $475.
    Jordan Mack
    webOS Chat
  12. #12  
    Yea haha. jmost people don't even mail in there rebate
  13. Tikerz's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by d0llarm3nu View Post
    nope lol. There is only two types of discounts- the full discount (when 2 year contract ends which is $199 for pre) and the early discount (which is the 75 dollar discount if you get a new phone before your 2 year contract ends). So if you get one in September you will be paying $199 (really $299 because they mail the rebate for $100 back to you). They dont give you two discounts only one.
    My other line has the full $150 upgrade discount. If I wanted to get the Pre on that line, how does the $150 discount factor in?
  14. #14  
    Just subtract 549.99 from 150. Then subract the $100 rebate. You would be looking 250 dollars for the pre
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by d0llarm3nu View Post
    Yea haha. jmost people don't even mail in there rebate
    No, I mean...unless you're eligible for the whole $150 off, you aren't eligible for the $100 MIR.
    Jordan Mack
    webOS Chat
  16. Eltaco's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by d0llarm3nu View Post
    Just subtract 549.99 from 150. Then subract the $100 rebate. You would be looking 250 dollars for the pre
    Excellent arithmetic.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ °ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
  17. neilept's Avatar
    Posts
    216 Posts
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    #17  
    Actually, you are not eligible for an upgrade when your contract is up, it is after 22 months. So you should be eligible for the full discount 2 months prior to the end of your contract.

Posting Permissions