1.    #1  
    This would be best in a Sprint subforum, but there isn't one... Might want to create on

I have had a flip phone for almost 2 years (my contract expires in September). My current flip phone is my first cell phone, and I do not have much experience with the cellular world.

I looked at Sprint's New For You Upgrade Program, but I was confused.

If I upgrade my current flip phone, do I get a discount of $75 off of a NEW, DIFFERENT phone (a Palm Pre, for example) or do I get a discount off of a NEW, SAME phone? Or is it neither?

Thanks everyone!
    New phone of any model.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    When you upgrade u can get a discount on any phone. Since you aren't eligible for a upgrade since September you only get a 75 dollar discount. If you wait until September you can get the full discount on a phone which is a lot. For instance you can get the palm pre for $299 (you get a $100 rebate). If you upgrade right now then the palm pre will cost a lot of money because even if you get $75 dollars taken off, it will still be in the $400 dollar region.
  4.    #4  
    Ok, so it is a new phone. Good

But don't you pay $199 after the rebate, then take $75 off of that?
    nope lol. There is only two types of discounts- the full discount (when 2 year contract ends which is $199 for pre) and the early discount (which is the 75 dollar discount if you get a new phone before your 2 year contract ends). So if you get one in September you will be paying $199 (really $299 because they mail the rebate for $100 back to you). They dont give you two discounts only one.
  6.    #6  
    Too bad

So if I got my Pre now, would I be paying $225 instead of $200? I would MUCH rather pay $25 more now than wait.
    Noooooo lol. The pre is originally $549.99 if bought it from sprint. Then you get the $100 dollar rebate which makes the phone $449.99 ( The sprint rep told me that the rebate takes 8-10 weeks to process and mailed back to you). Then you get the $75 dollar discount which makes the phone $374.99. So that is the final price if you want to buy the pre right now.
  8.    #8  
    Gah! Even worse.

Well, I guess I will be waiting then :/
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Ok, so it is a new phone. Good

But don't you pay $199 after the rebate, then take $75 off of that?
    Wouldn't that be nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    This would be best in a Sprint subforum, but there isn't one... Might want to create on
    Sprint is a CDMA Network. There is a CDMA Network subforum. http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-north-america/
    Quote Originally Posted by d0llarm3nu View Post
    Noooooo lol. The pre is originally $549.99 if bought it from sprint. Then you get the $100 dollar rebate which makes the phone $449.99 ( The sprint rep told me that the rebate takes 8-10 weeks to process and mailed back to you). Then you get the $75 dollar discount which makes the phone $374.99. So that is the final price if you want to buy the pre right now.
    I don't even think you get the rebate. So it would be $475.
    Jordan Mack
    webOS Chat
    Yea haha. jmost people don't even mail in there rebate
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    nope lol. There is only two types of discounts- the full discount (when 2 year contract ends which is $199 for pre) and the early discount (which is the 75 dollar discount if you get a new phone before your 2 year contract ends). So if you get one in September you will be paying $199 (really $299 because they mail the rebate for $100 back to you). They dont give you two discounts only one.
    My other line has the full $150 upgrade discount. If I wanted to get the Pre on that line, how does the $150 discount factor in?
    Just subtract 549.99 from 150. Then subract the $100 rebate. You would be looking 250 dollars for the pre
    Yea haha. jmost people don't even mail in there rebate
    No, I mean...unless you're eligible for the whole $150 off, you aren't eligible for the $100 MIR.
    Jordan Mack
    webOS Chat
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Just subtract 549.99 from 150. Then subract the $100 rebate. You would be looking 250 dollars for the pre
    Excellent arithmetic.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ °ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Actually, you are not eligible for an upgrade when your contract is up, it is after 22 months. So you should be eligible for the full discount 2 months prior to the end of your contract.