1.    #1  
    I have rooted my pre and installed some things and noticed that the battery life dropped, so I wanted to see if possibly the SSH server or something was eating up battery life. I noticed the two largest processes for memory use were LunaSysManager, which makes sense, and then this other one which I am clueless about...

/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/bin/java -Xexact -m 10M -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/bin:/usr/lib -Dvm.boot.library.path=/u
    sr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/bin -bootclasspath /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/lib/rt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/luni.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/nio.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/nio_char.jar:
    /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/security.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/archive.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/logging.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/text.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre
    /lib/boot/icu4j_3.8/icu4j-3_8.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/icu4j_3.8/icu4j-charsets-3_8.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/sql.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/regex.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/
    lib/boot/math.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/auth.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/crypto.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/x-net.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/annotation.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/
    java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/ext/bcprov.jar -Djava.home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre -Djava.security.properties=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/security/java.security -Xmx10M -classpath /usr/lib/luna/java/Async.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/Carr
    ierNetworkSettings.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/Customization.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/DefaultDatabaseBuilder.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/Fnmbl-ClientApi.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/Fnmbl-ClientFramework.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/InterfaceRegistry.jar:/usr/
    lib/luna/java/MediaEvents.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/Photos.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/Utils.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/accounts.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/accountservices.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/activerecord.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/backup.jar:/usr/lib/l
    una/java/calendar.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/contacts.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/dataimport.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/datamigration.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/deviceprofile.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/devicewipe.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/findapps.jar:/usr/lib
    /luna/java/gdata.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/jWAP.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/joda-time-1.5.2.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/json.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/ksoap2-j2se-full-2.1.1.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/libmatthew-java-0.7.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/location.jar
    :/usr/lib/luna/java/lunaservice.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/mail.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/messaging.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/messagingrouter.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/minidbus-java-2.4.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/notes.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/packageinfo
    .jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/palmipc.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/pim.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/pimsync.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/rfc2445.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/scheduler.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/serviceboot.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/serviceframework.jar:/us
    r/lib/luna/java/sqlitejdbc-v053.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/superlog.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/tasks.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/telephony.jar -DtimeZoneId=CDT -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/etc/logging.properties -verbose:gc -Xwebconsole -Xoomexi
    t -Xoomreport=/var/javaoom/oom.26848.txt com.palm.serviceboot.ServiceBoot start

...yes, thats's one process.

Can anyone clue me in here?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    it appears to be a java vm running com.palm.serviceboot.ServiceBoot
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the quick response. At one point it was eating up 58% of ny memory. So this is normal? Nothing I should do?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fordaaronj View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. At one point it was eating up 58% of ny memory. So this is normal? Nothing I should do?
    Based on the names of the .jar files on the classpath, it looks like this VM is providing much of the core functionality. Can't really say whether using 58% cpu is normal. Might have been doing a sync for example...