Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got an email from Russell Research. Palm is paying 5 bucks for this survey. lol

who got there email?
    Quote Originally Posted by Onnie1320 View Post
    I just got an email from Russell Research. Palm is paying 5 bucks for this survey. lol

who got there email?
    what questions are they asking?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sake View Post
    what questions are they asking?
    what would you change?
    what would you add?

are you playing more for your plan bc of the Pre?

asking about the Features...im getting battery a 0! haha
    I just got this survey email from Russell Research. Is this spam?
    I love the question about what color is my palm pre, black, blue, white, or other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I love the question about what color is my palm pre, black, blue, white, or other.

they want to make sure you really have one?

a control question?

of maybe they want to know if there is a huge wave of ppl painting their pre.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I got it too its taking forever to load the site I will try iy tonight
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I received this email, too. The site stopped responding and timed out halfway through the survey. Guess there's no $5 check in my future!
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Just got it today and finished it a little while ago.
    completing it now, good to see that palm/sprint is taking an active role in finding out what the customer thinks.

offered a $5 check at end of survey for completion.
    Last edited by Butters3605; 06/29/2009 at 11:09 AM.
    I liked the color question too ... and which provider are you using ...

it is taking for-ev-er to load ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    completing it now, good to see that palm/sprint is taking an active role in finding out what the customer thinks.
    Unfortunately, this survey seems to be researching what demographic is purchasing the Pre, not suggestions on how to improve the product. Hopefully Palm will accept direct feedback on improvements...
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    Unfortunately, this survey seems to be researching what demographic is purchasing the Pre, not suggestions on how to improve the product. Hopefully Palm will accept direct feedback on improvements...
    There are questions about things you want improved.

As a former writer of surveys like this, you have to be careful to keep your surveys from turning into a "what do you want to complain about" form.

Palm knows the issues the Pre has. There is likely not any issue they don't know about, so they just need to know how prevalent the issues are.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    The survey is taking a loooooong time to load...
    I suspect some of the questions (like, "are you paying more for your plan because of the Pre?") are geared toward proving the value and desirability of the Pre to Sprint and other potential carriers. If Palm can demonstrate with hard numbers the notion that the Pre attracts particularly valuable customer accounts (as the iPhone did with AT&T), it should help make the Pre (and its successors) more widely available in the future.

--John
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Just finished. Kinda weird questions about syncing though. They seemed kinda flawed. For instance (paraphrased because I don't remember the exact wording)...

"What desktop program/apps do you sync to?" With NONE of the possible answers being "The Cloud." Possible answers included syncing to Palm Desktop, Google (yes, they have a desktop calendar but I just use the web based Google calendar and that wasn't an option) or Apple apps like iCal, etc. - I'm thinking the question was wrong.

Then the next question was,:
    "What platform do you sync your Pre to?"
    -PC
    -Mac
    -Both
    -I don't sync.

There was NO OPTION for "I sync to the cloud because Palm doesn't offer syncing to iCal or Palm Desktop and I haven't tried Missing Sync because it's still in beta and I'm not sure I should have to pay just to sync anyway."

Sounds like somebody in marketing doesn't understand that it is possible to just sync to "the cloud" and not to a desktop.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I just remembered another question that bothered me, especially if Palm really does pay attention to the survey results...

There was a question about what kind of additional applications you would like to see for the Pre and there was NO OPTION for anything like Productivity or PIM or Utilities!! They seem to think that the only things people want are entertainment, video, music, or lifestyle related.

I'm thinking that, if the 'thoughtfully crafted' customer survey doesn't even offer these as options, Palm is entirely missing a huge segment of their loyal (an potential) market.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I tried to follow the link about 10 hours (but same day) that it was sent to me but was told that it had already expired :-(
    Wasn't a very long window to provide feedback. Guess they only wanted a small demographic? Which makes no sense....they didn't even give 24 hours to respond?
    I tried, said I was already doing it and to come back in 10 minutes.. Kept saying that so I tried the next day and it says "sorry but the survey is now closed".. Weak
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast