Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    I am happy with mine, it is completely functional for what I need. Has replaced my previous phone and my Palm T|X in a single device.

Sure I would like some additional apps and fixes for some of the built-in app shortcomings, but hopefully they will come.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Both my wife and I love our Pres. My wife still gripes that she doesn't have her smileys/emoticons for texting, but much less these days.
    I'm happy with my Pre. I like it more than my Instinct, though I would like to have Visual Voicemail and a better notification system.

I'm eagerly awaiting the SDK so that I can play around with it but also see what other people can do with this phone.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Love mine. Wife loves hers. I have been a long time Palm user, starting with a Palm III. The Pre replaces a Treo 680, which was an outstanding smartphone in its own right.

The Pre is a beautiful bit of kit. Obviously, there are some things that need a little work, but that is true with everything, especially new things.

Have no reservations about recommending the Pre to anyone.

Also, I switched from ATT to Sprint to get the Pre, and I am very happy with that too. Sprint is every bit as good as ATT was in my area (Sacramento, CA), maybe a little better, and about half the price. I am saving about $1300 per year over equivalent ATT service plan (family of 3).
    Luvin' it!!! No major problems at all. I did get nervous reading about the dilemmas of others.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I love this phone. I owned Palms before they were phones, through Tungsten C, and the ended up in the Blackberry world at work. Now I am back with a more interesting phone and can't wait for the wide world of Palm apps to appear (I am sure it will soon look more like the Palm apps of old).

Every hot new tech product has message boards like this one, filled with (often legitimate) complaints but as an earlier poster noted, there is no sense of the size of the user pool, so the sense of a "troubled" device is large on these boards. I suspect the real failure rate is not that high.
    Count me in as well...three rock solid pre's in my house...and that's three at once (no exchanges):

Quote Originally Posted by thegeester68 View Post
    Love my Pre. Got it on day 1 at 8:45AM. No dead pixels, no discoloration. I have it on the Touchstone every night. Great signal here in the Kansas City Metro area. It's all gooooooooood!
    I am in the Kansas city area also and have GREAT signal but thats also because one of Sprints main headquarters is here lol but once I get out of that KC area and head toward Leavenworth/Lansing it is real iffy
    Michael Williamson
    palmprehelp@gmail.com
    twitter.com/palmprehelp
    youtube.com/palmprehelp
    So, sooooo glad that I made an INFORMED decision to purchase a pre over the iPhone. Yes, there are the blah, blah, blah complaints about our lack of apps -- but that stuff's on the way. I think when you get down to the meat of what the pre can already do, there is enormous potential for the future. Besides, I love being able to insure my device through the carrier. And, while Sprint is not perfect, their rates/plans are resonable and feature rich.

No problem recommending the pre to anyone! Love it
    Love mine (only had it for a week). I too made an informed decision. I've been reading google news alerts on the Pre for 3 months. I'm actually happier with it then I expected.
    My Pre is PERFECT! :-P
    I am happy so far-Now that I found the hack for landscape e mail. Apps will come now that SDK is out-I heard a rumor that today's update was going to close non official SDK apps from being downloaded but that's not my bag right now I will say that the gurus will find a way-

want video but it will come I am sure-want virtual keyboard that I found out tonight is in the pre now but hidden so I am sure they will release that shortly

After all that I am Happy-It will be like Christmas everyday something new is discovered or released
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I have had mine for almost 3 weeks now and I LOVE IT! I have had no problems and I'm counting on it getting only better. I can't wait for Flash and I do mis being able to change the alert for messages but I'm sure it will come around. I LOVE THIS PHONE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmygee12 View Post
    I have had mine for almost 3 weeks now and I LOVE IT! I have had no problems and I'm counting on it getting only better. I can't wait for Flash and I do mis being able to change the alert for messages but I'm sure it will come around. I LOVE THIS PHONE!!!
    do a search for this on this forum-I got a workaround for that somewhere on the forum and also louder ring tones in the same post-I will see if I can find it in the morning and post a link
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    Luvin' it!!! No major problems at all. I did get nervous reading about the dilemmas of others.
    Darn it!!! just as SOON as I said this, the battery jiggle/restart started. Got new Pre today and went straight to have my new Invisible shield installed.

Fingers now crossed.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    I'm wondering if the people who are complaining got there Pre's at a corp big box store where there is alot more volume and alot less quality.....

Sure mine is not perfect but compared to the stories I keep reading on here I am def one of the lucky ones (knock on wood as I post from my Pre)

Ps, got my Pre from a smaller 3rd party sprint store where there was all but 3 people at the store on launch day

Also whoever said above they wish the notifications were better is crazy that's one thing that is amazing about this device esp when your trying to look something up or email etc
    The Pre will be great when they finish the software.

Missing Basic Features
    A number of basic features available on your old Treo, iPhone, or other smart phone are not enabled in the Palm Pre. Users often search for these familiar features but they as yet have not been enabled on the Palm Pre.

Typing
    ►The onscreen keyboard has been hidden but has all of the commands below and more.
    ►Undo - You can't undo a mistake in the Pre. On your PC Undo is [Crtl] - [Z], on a Treo press [Menu] - [Z]. When enabled, Undo should be "Press the Gesture Area x and C at the same time." There is no work-around.
    ►Italics - To italicize highlighted text on a PC, press Ctrl - I , on a Treo press Menu - I . When enabled, Italics should be "Press the Gesture Area x and I at the same time." There is no work-around.
    ►Bold - To make highlighted text bold on a PC, press Ctrl - B , on a Treo press Menu - B . When enabled, Bold should be "Press the Gesture Area x and B at the same time." There is no work-around.
    ►Select All - To select all on a PC, press Ctrl - A , on a Treo press Menu - A . When enabled, Select All should be "Press the Gesture Area x and A at the same time."
    ►Copy - You can copy text you are editing (see Typing section) but not text you cannot edit like internet information.

Music
    ►Slider - The slider bar is enabled for playing videos but not for playing music. There is no work-around.
    ►Landscape - You can watch vides in landscape mode (sideways) but not music graphics.
    ►Lyrics - On iPhone or iPod, tap the album graphic for lyrics. Pre Lyrics aren't enabled. There is no work-around.

Internet
    ►PDF's - Can't open or save a pdf. One workaround is to 1) Open the website on your PC. 2) Save the pdf. 3) Email the pdf to your Pre. 4) Open the pre email. 5) Open the pdf. Don't forget to bring your PC.
    ►Flash - Pre can't view Abode Flash graphics. There is no work-around.

Email
    ►Landscape - Only via a hack: Open email and type "RocknRollHax". Nothing displays but now landscape works!

- Craig
    Once they work the kinks out the phone will be damn near perfect for my needs. I did one in store exchange the day I got the phone and I MIGHT exchange my phone again due to a very slight wobble when closed. All else is rock solid. I love rooting the phone and messing with programs. Funnest phone due to the hackability, I just wish a few things were implements at launch (which are planned so I don't mind them so much). Probably going to buy another 18 phones for the people in my work group and another 6 for my family. None of them are diggin the new iLose 3GS, they are having a lot more fun with my Pre... Oh and the half cost on monthly bills!

Why oh why does SERO not work with the Pre!! Also would it have been too difficult to do push to talk?

Those who hate the phone due to the battery need to just wait for Seido or get a touchstone for their car.
    man i am very lucky compared to the majority of people having problems. i have had no problems and no exchanges. Loving my pre though... maybe because its my first smartphone? or the cool webos. Cant wait for the apps to come out. My keyboard doesn't wobble but when i first got my pre i had heating problems but that was maybe because i was playing around with it too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    The Pre will be great when they finish the software.

Missing Basic Features
    A number of basic features available on your old Treo, iPhone, or other smart phone are not enabled in the Palm Pre. Users often search for these familiar features but they as yet have not been enabled on the Palm Pre.

Typing
    ►The onscreen keyboard has been hidden but has all of the commands below and more.
    ►Undo - You can't undo a mistake in the Pre. On your PC Undo is [Crtl] - [Z], on a Treo press [Menu] - [Z]. When enabled, Undo should be "Press the Gesture Area x and C at the same time." There is no work-around.
    ►Italics - To italicize highlighted text on a PC, press Ctrl - I , on a Treo press Menu - I . When enabled, Italics should be "Press the Gesture Area x and I at the same time." There is no work-around.
    ►Bold - To make highlighted text bold on a PC, press Ctrl - B , on a Treo press Menu - B . When enabled, Bold should be "Press the Gesture Area x and B at the same time." There is no work-around.
    ►Select All - To select all on a PC, press Ctrl - A , on a Treo press Menu - A . When enabled, Select All should be "Press the Gesture Area x and A at the same time."
    ►Copy - You can copy text you are editing (see Typing section) but not text you cannot edit like internet information.

Music
    ►Slider - The slider bar is enabled for playing videos but not for playing music. There is no work-around.
    ►Landscape - You can watch vides in landscape mode (sideways) but not music graphics.
    ►Lyrics - On iPhone or iPod, tap the album graphic for lyrics. Pre Lyrics aren't enabled. There is no work-around.

Internet
    ►PDF's - Can't open or save a pdf. One workaround is to 1) Open the website on your PC. 2) Save the pdf. 3) Email the pdf to your Pre. 4) Open the pre email. 5) Open the pdf. Don't forget to bring your PC.
    ►Flash - Pre can't view Abode Flash graphics. There is no work-around.

Email
    ►Landscape - Only via a hack: Open email and type "RocknRollHax". Nothing displays but now landscape works!

- Craig
    Seriously, what is the point of this post? This is like that Hyundai commercial where they compare it to a Lexus and select features to try to prove a point. Only, you're not requiring the Lexus to just have all of the features on the Hyundai, you want it to have all the features on the Toyota and the BMW too or it's not "finished".

From what I can see on your list, there's not a single device on there that has all of those features, yet the Pre isn't "finished" until it has them all.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast