Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    love my phone just wished they had a good solid case for it
    I bought the Palm leather case with it. It is absolutely wonderful -- very high quality design, and has a little strap you can pull upwards to lift the phone out of it.
    Based on the replies here it's like looking through a iPhone forum!

I love the hardware and form factor I've had or supported almost every Palm phone and this is the best by far. The camera is truly amazing.

Exchange Active Sync and email in general is abysmal. It takes between 4 - 7 seconds just to open the email app, another 3 - 4 seconds to get into your inbox (EAS or GMail). I've been told this may be a result of the service area you are in at the time but that is just not acceptable. My 755P and Centro opened up mail with an EAS account instantly. It seems when the phone is trying to sync email it uses a TON of resources and makes the phone very sluggish.

Also, every other Palm allowed you to set the sync of email to specific days, hours during the day, and interval. This just does interval. I don't need this thing syncing email between 10PM and 6AM every hour, just a waste.

As a messaging device this phone is very disappointing.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I love my pre!!! Each day I figure out something new, I also have the pre case with the pull up strap. Both Great!!!!
    no complaints here
    I love my pre but there are a couple of things that I wish were different/added/better, but i'm realistic. What I like about it most are 1)The beautiful screen (save a couple dead pix's) 2) Reception Quality, 3) Camera Quality, 4)Physical Keyboard, 5) GPS integration.

What I dislike... 1) Certain bugs and feature limitations 2) lack of apps, 3) uncertainty of whether the phone hardware (screen/slider) will hold up beyond the 1 year manufac warranty.
    I am very happy with my Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by ethanseltzer View Post
    Based on the replies here it's like looking through a iPhone forum!

I love the hardware and form factor I've had or supported almost every Palm phone and this is the best by far. The camera is truly amazing.

Exchange Active Sync and email in general is abysmal. It takes between 4 - 7 seconds just to open the email app, another 3 - 4 seconds to get into your inbox (EAS or GMail). I've been told this may be a result of the service area you are in at the time but that is just not acceptable. My 755P and Centro opened up mail with an EAS account instantly. It seems when the phone is trying to sync email it uses a TON of resources and makes the phone very sluggish.

Also, every other Palm allowed you to set the sync of email to specific days, hours during the day, and interval. This just does interval. I don't need this thing syncing email between 10PM and 6AM every hour, just a waste.

As a messaging device this phone is very disappointing.
    My EAS experience has been exactly the opposite. It probably is your service.
    Except for the reception issues, battery drain, overheating, spontaneous screen cracking, screen bubbles, dead pixels, stuck pixels, screen blotches, loose slider, and missing software features (e.g. ability to select notification sound, correct syncing of all Exchange calendar events, ability to create meetings in the Exchange calendar, ability to reply to or forward messages with formatting intact via Exchange, etc.), I love my Pre!
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I had WinMo in the past ,
    Absolutely Love it.
    I am very happy with my Pre! So is my wife. There are a few things that can be improved upon, but 90% of those issues can be addressed via software.
    My volume down button is a little quirky, other than that I don't have any complaints. I am however patiently waiting for some new apps, and the SDK to make a public release.
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Except for the reception issues, battery drain, overheating, spontaneous screen cracking, screen bubbles, dead pixels, stuck pixels, screen blotches, loose slider, and missing software features (e.g. ability to select notification sound, correct syncing of all Exchange calendar events, ability to create meetings in the Exchange calendar, ability to reply to or forward messages with formatting intact via Exchange, etc.), I love my Pre!
    Can't stand to have a single thread without some negativity, eh? Pretty lame.
    I am very happy with my Pre. No defects at all and it the perfect match for me. (Better than the iPhone!). It is such a joy to use and it exceeds my expatiations.It multi-tasks, has a great interface, lightning fast browser, great camera (with flash), great apps like Pandora, and best of all has 100 time more potential than the iPhone ever will!
    Pre is the recipe for success!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I have not had any problems with my Pre. I feel bad when I read some of the stories. Sometimes i don't want to believe half of them. I bought my Pre knowing that its a first generation phone and that there wouldn't really be anything for it right away (apps and accessories) but i'd rather have the hardware. I used to own a Centro, so I'm happy with my classic apps for now. I've also been testing out the iphone web apps. So that's been keeping me busy. I'm happy to have my hardware. I know that the best is yet to come. oh and no i don't have any dead pixels, sound problems, cracks or anything else. I guess I must be lucky.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I have Pre-mature Jubilation!!!
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I'd say im about 90% happy, my slider seems to have gotten a little loose and i got the blotches on the lower part of the screen. Taking it back next week to see if i can get a replacment.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    i am extremely happy with mine..No hardware issues at all with mine or my wife's pre..Reception wasnt as good in my house but sprint sent me an airave and its perfect now..
    My only complaints so far are software issues..those can be fixed so I can deal with it..

all in all, great phone purchase..
    I am absolutely happy with mine. As I mentioned in another thread I have not had the issues that many are reporting (Knock on wood!!!). I hope it stays that way and we get some more apps soon
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    All in all, I really like this phone. As stated by many,in many other posts, I think the email needs to be more robust, intuitive, and advanced.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I love my Pre too & my wife at first did not but now does. My son purchased an Iphone.....he loves Apple. Can not wait for video & wish it had voice dial. But am sure it will come soon. Love the size & the keyboard. A really classy looking phone. People I know are really in love with it too.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast