Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I haven't had any problems and I love my Pre.
    MY Pre is wonderful beyond the lack of apps (which will come so I am gonna patiently wait) but my hardware and software are fine couldn't be happier.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I am very happy with mine also. It is the best phone for me. Although my wife doesn't agree. Seems I stare at it to much
    I got mine on day four and it's been absolutely perfect ever since.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Come on, where is the thread crap? I can't believe this message has made it this far without one. LOL I absolutely love my Pre. I have no issues.
    Count me in on being happy and satisfied. Great phone so far!!
    My family got 5 Pres on launch day. Everybody is very happy with no issues on all of them. I also know two other people that say they are happy. So far the Pre is batting 1000 for people I know. I've been a long time Palm user and followed the Pre from inception. I agree it was overhyped, in this forum anyway, and was perfectly prepared for a let down. Honestly, I was NOT the least bit disappointed. IMO, Palm had to make some sacrifices in the feature set for a stable platform and for obvious business reasons. As an early adopter, I'm used to it. Coming from Treos, it was difficult at first, but I came to realize that the Pre actually does enough of the basic stuff I need that I started leaving the Treo at home. And, it added more than a few fun stuff that's just gravy (multitasking, nav, multitasking...), and also stability - definitely more stable than any of my Treos. And did I mention multitasking?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I'll chime in with the "couldn't be more pleased" crowd.

There's a bunch of little things that I"d like to see made better - categories carrying over from Exchange calendar and whatnot, but I"m sure they'll come with time. I'm not entirely thrilled with the reception - at least compared to my 755p - but I still have service everywhere I need it - just maybe not quite as good as it was before.

Hardware is great. Functionality is awesome.

As a long time palm smartphone user, (Kyocera 6035 -> 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p), it's by far the best Palm product I've used. It needs polish, but the framework is simply amazing.
    Best phone I have owned, very happy.
    I'm ECSTATIC. Sure, I wish there were more apps. And, yes, the signal issue bothers me on occassion. BUT, THIS PHONE ROCKS!!!

Pre firsts
    • Form factor is great, looks cool
    • Synergy with my calendars and contacts has changed my life.
    • Multi-tasking is now intuitive and helps me be more effective
    • Notifications are awesome and helpful
    • Touchstone is cool and also useful (especially in the car)

General
    This is also my first "new generation" phone so I'm loving Pandora, Navigation, True Websurfing,

BOTTOM LINE: Once I got Exchange sync working, I've falled head over heels in love with this swiss-army knife device. To top it off, I know it only gets better from here.
    I love my Pre and can only see it getting better as the platform continues to develop.I wouldn't say it's perfect, but I think its fantastic.
    Not perfect but I am extremely happy with this phone and excited about where this platform will go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Not perfect but I am extremely happy with this phone and excited about where this platform will go.
    Ditto that. Looking forward to a few tweaks, but nothing major and so far quite happy with it.
    I love, love, love my Pre! Not a darn thing wrong with it...well, I might have a speaker issue, or maybe it was a one-time glitch. I came from a Katana II, so everything is like a dream-come-true on this phone!
    Here is my big BUT.

Still can't resolve MS Outlook exchange issue to get my email and calendar.
    If our IT guys or Palm cannot fix this it's a deal breaker.

I hate to return it, I might have no choice at the end of 30 days.

Any suggestions???

Thanks,

Chef Joe
    I think I have 1 dead pixel (very hard to see) but mine works great. 5 bars at my home and 3-4 bars at work. Sprint coverage has been great in my city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I have a tiny spot of slight discloloration in the screen, but my Pre is perfect otherwise. I look forward to updates and improvements, but I love the phone as is for the time being.
    I'm experiencing the same thing, but it happens to be a spec of dirt under the screen. I can't get rid of it... It's not noticable when I'm doing things, but when I'm waiting, and I get a blank white card, oh ya! It's there!

Im not going to return it and risk getting a refurb. I'm pretty happy with my device, even though the slider is starting to wobble slightly, but meh... if it stays how it is now... I'm totally happy!
    Love my Pre. Got it on day 1 at 8:45AM. No dead pixels, no discoloration. I have it on the Touchstone every night. Great signal here in the Kansas City Metro area. It's all gooooooooood!
    Love my Pre. I wish the music player had a few more options as I hope this also replaces my ipod, but that will come.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Got mine on launch day and haven't looked back. Love the functionality and the battery life has gotten better. Definitely looking forward to the things to come!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast