1.    #1  
    Just realized my gmail wasn't syncing as items arrived and went to send myself a test email and nada ... i reset the phone and walla back to normal and what was even more interesting is that my task for 2 days ago finally shows up with a voicemail that i missed ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    Just realized my gmail wasn't syncing as items arrived and went to send myself a test email and nada ... i reset the phone and walla back to normal and what was even more interesting is that my task for 2 days ago finally shows up with a voicemail that i missed ...
    Are you in a poor coverage area?
    I've had to soft reset for the sprint nav software because it froze up but I haven't had any issues with email.
  4.    #4  
    In my place running on airave and yes I know no EV but never stopped anything before from coming in, we've had some bad weather here today on and off but i don't think that would do it ... just seems weird especially with my tasks which never notified me on the day i set it for, but notified me today after a soft reset ...
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    My Pre was roaming all morning today at my work. I reset it and the roaming has been reduced. My reception still sucks though.
    It's common in smart phones. Try a BB, you have to do a daily battery pull to stay running right. There's even a program called "QuickPull", which will simulate a battery pull for you. That's when you know it's bad...
    Jordan Mack
    webOS Chat
    All OSes (Windows, Macs, smartphones, etc.) need to be rebooted at some point. I've always made it a habit to reboot all my machines every morning. Old school mentality I guess.

And just from personal experience, 95% of computing issues get fixed with a reset.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    what's easiest way to do a soft reset? You don't lose ANY data, correct?
    Hold down the "Orange button", "Sym" and letter "R" to perform a soft reset. No, you don't lose any data.
    Quote Originally Posted by monils View Post
    Hold down the "Orange button", "Sym" and letter "R" to perform a soft reset. No, you don't lose any data.
    Thanks for that one. I only knew to hold down the power button for a couple of seconds. I know that only turns off the phone but I just turned it right back on. This way is better.
    My GPS stops working all the time unless I reboot.
    The pre has some memory issues which cause the need for redets with moderate to heavy use. It shouldn't be that way so no its not normal to have to do resets every other day. Windows mobile mobile used to have issues like this but my iphone wouldn't require a reset for a month or more.
  13.    #13  
    I guess the question is whats better for the phone to get things running right, the turn off and on again technique or the soft reset ??
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

^They both do the same thing.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmack549 View Post
    It's common in smart phones. Try a BB, you have to do a daily battery pull to stay running right. There's even a program called "QuickPull", which will simulate a battery pull for you. That's when you know it's bad...
    I never had to do that with my Treo 700p. The only time I had to reboot it was when it locked up (or it rebooted on its own) which was not that often.
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    I never had to do that with my Treo 700p. The only time I had to reboot it was when it locked up (or it rebooted on its own) which was not that often.
    Wow! You had much better luck with your 700p than I had with mine!