1.    #1  
    The sliding action of the phone is causing scratches on the keyboard on both the left and right side edges as well as the bottom. Are your guy's Pre's doing the same thing? Should I get my phone replaced? I take really good care of my electronic devices and I want a good phone after my 30 days is up so I'm not left with a phone that is beat up from itself.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    ive noticed the same thing on mine. I also have wear on the bottom of the keyboard. As well as parts of the phone chipping next to the charger. I thought it was lint or something at first, then when i got in for a closer look i realized the phone was chipping. So...not sure what to do about that. I keep the phone in the sleeve at ALL TIMES.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I have not experienced it with mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    I have not experienced it with mine.
    I don't have any issues with mine either ...
    I once met a guy that had just finished his hotrod that he had worked on for well over a year. I was there when he first pulled it out of the garage. First thing he did was pick up a handful of gravel and throw it at the front end. He said its better to get this out of the way right away.

This is for all those people complaining about small scratches, chips, and other minor damage of the sort. You say you keep it in the sleeve all the time. Well how do you use it? It would be like him leaving his hotrod in the garage and not driving it. IT WILL GET SLIGHT DAMAGE WHEN USED. I have never had a cell phone remain in perfect condition for even 2 weeks after buying it!

Maybe minor chipping is caused by trying to plug in cable through the sleeve since you always have it in there at ALL TIMES!
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    "should i take it back?" what do you really think? Its not brain surgery

Now we will get fifty people saying they don't have an issue? (including me)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bgriffin1497 View Post
    I once met a guy that had just finished his hotrod that he had worked on for well over a year. I was there when he first pulled it out of the garage. First thing he did was pick up a handful of gravel and throw it at the front end. He said its better to get this out of the way right away.

This is for all those people complaining about small scratches, chips, and other minor damage of the sort. You say you keep it in the sleeve all the time. Well how do you use it? It would be like him leaving his hotrod in the garage and not driving it. IT WILL GET SLIGHT DAMAGE WHEN USED. I have never had a cell phone remain in perfect condition for even 2 weeks after buying it!

Maybe minor chipping is caused by trying to plug in cable through the sleeve since you always have it in there at ALL TIMES!
    Well that's great for you. However, I'm not like you, nor do I want to be. I pay good money for devices and I take pride in keeping them nice. The phone shouldn't be scratched up after general use for 2 weeks. Come on man, really? I take pride in my car as well and would never throw rocks at it. I would let nature take its course over time, just like with my phone. I understand the thing won't be perfect like the day it came off the line, but geez two weeks and it has scratches from the phone doing it to itself, that's stupid.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    "should i take it back?" what do you really think? Its not brain surgery

Now we will get fifty people saying they don't have an issue? (including me)
    Easy turbo, I was simply asking if this was happening to anyone else. No need for the smart alec reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch24 View Post
    Well that's great for you. However, I'm not like you, nor do I want to be. I pay good money for devices and I take pride in keeping them nice. The phone shouldn't be scratched up after general use for 2 weeks. Come on man, really? I take pride in my car as well and would never throw rocks at it. I would let nature take its course over time, just like with my phone. I understand the thing won't be perfect like the day it came off the line, but geez two weeks and it has scratches from the phone doing it to itself, that's stupid.
    Thats what happens with slider phones. The sad thing is your questioning wether or not you should return it is absurd. I think the iphone might be for you. No keyboard and just having to wipe the screen so your "imperfect" fingers should resolve any issue you could have.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Blue Magic makes a plastic polish available at auto parts stores. Works great on your cars plastic headlights and taillights also.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ˇɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    hmm.. maybe it's not such a bad thing I have a loose screen . I have no scratches on my keyboard, and I have opened my slider about 1100 times.
    neathings - neat·things and apps for webOS
    Does the Pre have QC issues = yes
    Am I waiting to get a later run of Pres with better QC = Yes
    Do slider phones Scratch after 2 weeks = Yes
    Does the slider phone scratch or chips around usb port in which you jam a cable into warrant a return = NNNOOO!!!!

IMHO, you should be very happy that this is only issue your phone has and enjoy it!

and BTW, I'm glad you don't want to be like me!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamMcNeeley View Post
    Thats what happens with slider phones. The sad thing is your questioning wether or not you should return it is absurd. I think the iphone might be for you. No keyboard and just having to wipe the screen so your "imperfect" fingers should resolve any issue you could have.
    Nope. I need a keyboard. This phone would be perfect if it didn't have the slider function IMO.