1.    #1  
    Anyone with a Pre also have an Ipod touch? I have them and IMO they make the perfect couple!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    Anyone with a Pre also have an Ipod touch? I have them and IMO they make the perfect couple!
    there are a few people on here with touches if you do a search.

Most of them find themselves trying to do things on the touch that they do day to day on the Pre. Like back gestures, trying to bring up the wave launcher, trying to multitask
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    Once the Pre has a solitaire app, a texas hold'em app, and possibly Yahtzee, I'll be ready to ditch the IPod touch. (or Sell it...)
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I have Pre and a disabled iPhone. I'm trying to do as much as possible on the Pre and I'm close to the point where I don't need a 2nd device anymore. But that iPhone still comes in handy for Podcasts/Audiobooks (saves play location), games (iPhone gaming surprised me), couch internet (bigger screen) and most of all, the MLB At-Bat app for listening and watching ballgames.

I'm hoping the Pre updates quick, but if the next iPod Touch comes out and has the autofocus camera/video feature and internal speaker then I may buy one.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    Once the Pre has a solitaire app, a texas hold'em app, and possibly Yahtzee, I'll be ready to ditch the IPod touch. (or Sell it...)
    I would really like a Yahtzee app and for some reason, i want monopoly, even though the battery might not make it through an entire game.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I've got my Pre and 2nd gen iPod Touch 8GB. Like others have said I've found that when I try to use my touch I keep swiping up to flip to another card but soon realize I cant . I mostly use my iPod to play games and listen to music but I find myself using it less now that I have pandora and my music library on my Pre also.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Ya same here got a Pre and 16GB 2nd gen Ipod Touch. It's jailbroken so I've used it as if it was an iphone. Given if I was an a wi-fi environment I could basically have voip calls, email, and browse the net as if it were an iphone. I'm still impressed with the device, plus I'm addicated to the mafia live game on it...
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    search
    same here. For the internet, can someone clarify on screen size. In portrait, it looks like the actually internet is the same size because of the large amount of real estate used on the iphone for the heading toolbar stuff?
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    search
    I agree completely. The new "search" function you brought up is great because it actually searches through email.
    I have both, but I didn't carry both at once even when I had a Centro.

I still don't use the iPhone/iPod Touch for games (I'd take a Nintendo DSi over an iPod Touch in a skinny minute if portable gaming was of ANY import to me). Pre more than gets the job done for me.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I do. But where I used to bring my Touch with me when I traveled (along with my 755p), I think it will be staying home from now on.

But I still do use the Touch in the kitchen for the Remote App. It lets me easily control iTunes running on our home server - which streams music to a set of wireless speakers (via an Airport Express). It also has a VNC client which is useful at times.
    Nope, I don't, and for the same reason I don't use my Pre as a music player. I use my Zune because I like having physical/tactile controls. When I'm walking my dog, it's nice to be able to use my Zune when I can't look at it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I used to have an iPod Touch but I lost it... Still have my old iPod Video, which I rarely use now that I have the Pre (boo click wheel, yay touchscreen). I use it in my car since I have the FM transmitter for the iPod, but no aux hookup with which to connect the Pre.

If I still had the Touch I'd probably be using it, simply because the player is much more stable/refined. And I love a lot of the features the Pre's music player lacks (progress bar... Genius).

But it would be confusing switching back and forth between interfaces. Before getting my Pre I would use my friend's iPhone all the time. Then I got used to my Pre and the moment I picked up his iPhone I found myself totally lost. The differences are subtle, but enough to make you need to pause for a sec and think about how to do something.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Yes, Pre plus 32gb iPod Touch. I still carry both, but seem to use the Touch less and less when away from home. At home & on WiFi, I prefer the Touch's larger screen. I also confuse the functionality of the two from time to time (back gesture the Touch, hit the center button to activate the Pre). I think the iPhone is a great device and can't really criticize it, I just don't think it's worth the higher monthly cost. The Pre/Touch is a great combo for me. The Pre is almost the iPhone Nano many Apple fans were hoping for. But since it isn't an Apple product, they are contractually obligated to bash it. I think it's in the fine print of their AT&T contract. Anyway, once I can stream more music/radio stations to the device, it will be great! May have to buy Classic to get that accomplished.
  16. thekaitlin
    I have both but am considering selling the Touch. I just wish that the Pre offered better organization of videos (I put TV shows on my Touch to watch while I'm on the train), and podcast support (at least a way to get rid of ones I've listened to, and download new ones). I really really really would like to move to one device but find the Pre lacking in these two areas where I've gotten spoiled on the iPod touch.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    See, this is why I can't wait for a homebrew wifi tethering app. Then you can just use the wifi on your iPod touch and have internet access for it wherever you go!
    I have the Pre and 2nd gen Itouch 32GB.
    Pre....8GB ITouch( bought it just before it was announced that the PRE can synch with ITunes...

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    Solitaire--iphone-solitaire.com
    Yahtzee--playtouchgames.com/games/yahtzee/
    Texas hold em--ht tp // 38i.biz/holdem/Texas Hold Em

Web-->Page-->Add to Launcher...Done