1.    #1  
    its a white question mark on top, and below it is a white plug symbol with a cord,

what is it? has anybody seen it before?
    It means that your Pre doesn't have enough power to start. Plug it in, give it some time to charge to an acceptable level (acceptable to the Pre) and then that should disappear and the Pre should startup.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    its a white question mark on top, and below it is a white plug symbol with a cord,

what is it? has anybody seen it before?
    I saw that the other day as well as a battery meter that takes up the whole screen.

No clue what it is.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    It means that your Pre doesn't have enough power to start. Plug it in, give it some time to charge to an acceptable level (acceptable to the Pre) and then that should disappear and the Pre should startup.
    no, its not.

when I tried for a 3rd time, my pre turn on properly, i have 69% of battery left.

the image I was talking about is this, Im not sure if it means battery is low? (forgive my lousy drawing)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    no, its not.

when I tried for a 3rd time, my pre turn on properly, i have 69% of battery left.

the image I was talking about is this, Im not sure if it means battery is low? (forgive my lousy drawing)

It means that the battery is too low to turn on, as someone above mentioned. I've gotten it when running the battery down all the way.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    It means that the battery is too low to turn on, as someone above mentioned. I've gotten it when running the battery down all the way.
    I guess that anwsers my original question,

Now can somebody tell me why it think the battery is out when actually there are plenty left?
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    If your battery had sufficient power in it, then you might have a battery contact issue. If you plug your phone in without the battery, the plug symbol will show up. But otherwise, it is supposed to show up if your battery is too low.
  8.    #8  
    yeah, probably, I will let it go, it looks like an accident, and didn't happen again.
  9. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    That symbol is God trying to speak to you.

Or...

You just let your battery drain too much and the device needs to charge before powering up.
    Was your device plugged into the charger at the time? If so maybe you have one of the ones with a loose battery. The time when it actually started maybe the battery was finally making proper contact.

Does your phone suffer from the issue where it sometimes restarts if you slide the keyboard closed too quickly?
    I actually have had somewhat of the same thing. My pre would not even turn on or react to anything after being charged ALL night! Now when I plug it into the charger, it just shows me a HUGE white question mark that takes up the whole screen. It's different from the pic you just up there. There is no plug in icon. It's just a straight up question mark. Please help.
    Josh
    Ok.. it's a big white question mark inside a battery outline?? Buy my battery is all the way in. I've checked several times. I guess I may have a dead battery and a defective one. I'll certainly make sure Palm replaces that on their dime since i've never done anything to it that isn't outside normal operations and it's only been 3 months!!!