Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hmm, I searched for a post on this but couldnt find one...I just realized that the earbuds that come with the Pre are magnetic and stick together.

Chalk it up to one of those, "Oh...neat."
    WTF! did not know that I'm a ******
    I think it is quite a cool feature
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    also buy having them attached and sliding up to the ear buds the black "ring" thats there the wires will hardly tangle, at least that's what I've noticed. I'm not sure if that was the purpose of including the magnets, but it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNay View Post
    also buy having them attached and sliding up to the ear buds the black "ring" thats there the wires will hardly tangle, at least that's what I've noticed. I'm not sure if that was the purpose of including the magnets, but it works.
    Good idea. I'll try that.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    The magnets are so that you can put the earbuds around your neck and click them together so they'll stay put when you're not using them.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNay View Post
    Zune headphones also have had this since gen 1.
  8. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I also enjoy how the included headphones won't fit in my ears.

But whatever, I have a nicer pair of 'buds that I'd use anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I also enjoy how the included headphones won't fit in my ears.

But whatever, I have a nicer pair of 'buds that I'd use anyway.
    You know lots of people say that. I myself must have some weird shaped ears because they fit perfectly for me! (But I prefer bluetooth headphones anyway.)
    You sure you didn't do a search? I posted this the day the phone came out and people
    (joelpalm) were being ******'s in the thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-magnetic.html

I agree its a small detail that I've come to love!
  11.    #11  
    Yeah I searched like 3 times with 'magnetic' and all. Anyhoot I'm at the airport tnd this very handy.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Apologies if this has been posted before, I just noticed that the little metal circles on the headphones that came with the pre are actually tiny magnets that 'lock' the two earpieces together for storage. Figured I'd share, go ahead and try it out.

Quite cool
    yep, its been noted several times.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I wish I could give negative thanks.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I wasn't aware, then again I don't read every single post/thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpsyc View Post
    Apologies if this has been posted before, I just noticed that the little metal circles on the headphones that came with the pre are actually tiny magnets that 'lock' the two earpieces together for storage. Figured I'd share, go ahead and try it out.

Quite cool
    I am confused how you don't know if it has been posted before. When you start a new thread doesn't it automatically search for you similar threads based on the title Mine does. Am I the only one? But yeah. Here it is. Bringing up the old thread will accomplish the same task for zna03 and cut down on duplicate threads. Just FYI.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1707341http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1707341
    And theres a button on the "Y" part of the earphones... Push it once and it pauses Pandora, push it twice and it skips to the next song. Not sure if anyone knew this. Think there is a microphone intergrated into it as well.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpsyc View Post

Quite cool
    If I was a moderator in this an every forum, I would mandate a 5-day ban for anyone too lazy to use the search feature.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    If I was a moderator in this an every forum, I would mandate a 5-day ban for anyone too lazy to use the search feature.
    Be some pretty dead forums for sure
    christ, lay off the guy u freakin nazis. so he didnt search, doesnt need an army of pre owners harassing him for pointing out something someone may have not known (like me for one).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast