1.    #1  
    Does anyone here use FirstClass as their email/calendar client at work? I do, and while I have successfully set up email, I'm having trouble with the calendar.

I found a way to get my FirstClass calendar to publish to the web so I could "subscribe" to it via iCal, and it's working OK, but still not perfect. (All new appointments show up, but when I change them, or when the invitee changes them, the revisions don't show up even when I re-sync). From iCal I can sync to my Pre via Spanning Sync.

It's a long shot, but if anyone here has figured this out, please let me know. As a side note, The Missing Sync doesn't work on my computer and tech support for the product can't figure out why, so I've written that off as an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by smedley12 View Post
    Does anyone here use FirstClass as their email/calendar client at work? I do, and while I have successfully set up email, I'm having trouble with the calendar.
    I managed to set up email, but I still can't delete items from my Pre...I have to delete them from the mobile site or from my desktop. If you figured that out, please let me know.

As for the calendar, we tried everything we could, and then I just migrated to a Google Calendar. My school district is going Google next year anyway, due to the fact that it's free, and that it supports mobile devices. Sorry I have no answers.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I'd say try adding the web feed to your Google Calendar.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info! Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I add the web feed to my google calendar? (ie where to I plug in the link to subscribe to it)

To the other poster - haven't figured out the delete thing either. Ugh.
    At some point, I would expect it to sync via ActiveSync like the iPhone does (via FC's Synchronization Services). I've tried adding an FC calendar as an Exchange account (EAS), but no go as of yet (running FCSS 9.1 build 30). It does connect and successfully login, but never syncs any events. Guessing it will probably be added in a future build. It's been a few days since I checked the thread on FCOL, but have your FirstClass administrator chime in if he/she hasn't already (it's in the Enhancement Suggestions conference).
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    The iPhone actually syncs to FC via a FirstClass Client developed specifically for the iPhone. Email with the Pre and FirstClass can be easily done as long as IMAP or POP is allowed by the server (your server admin can set this on or off). Calendar is more complex and can be done if First Class Sync Services is running AND your device supports either Activesync or SyncML. Although the Pre supports Activesync, it only does so with Exchange servers. Looks like we are SoL for now until something gets updated (not sure if it needs to be FC Sync Services or the phone).
    Quote Originally Posted by swagner View Post
    The iPhone actually syncs to FC via a FirstClass Client developed specifically for the iPhone.
    Although FirstClass' iPhone app was recently "released" (more than 3 months after submission to Apple), it has synced calendar and contact data via ActiveSync for some time prior. The client adds access to the mailbox and conferences.
    Email with the Pre and FirstClass can be easily done as long as IMAP or POP is allowed by the server (your server admin can set this on or off).
    I haven't had much luck with the Pre and FirstClass IMAP. It'll go for days without refreshing the mailbox, then all the sudden I'll look and it will be up to date. Then it will stop syncing again. Strange, but since I don't really want my work email on my phone, I hadn't made it a priority to investigate, especially with the release of FC 10 on the horizon. Just wanted to try it out in case we get any more Pre users. I've seen mixed reports on FCOL - some say it's working for them and others not.
    Calendar is more complex and can be done if First Class Sync Services is running AND your device supports either Activesync or SyncML. Although the Pre supports Activesync, it only does so with Exchange servers. Looks like we are SoL for now until something gets updated (not sure if it needs to be FC Sync Services or the phone).
    The Pre's ActiveSync actually does work with FirstClass since the webOS 1.1 update. There's a thread in Enhancement Suggestion on FCOL with the details.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I would love a link to that thread. I dont have access to FCOL but our email administrator does. I have tried to set it up as an EAS server and that doesnt work.
    I would love a link to that thread. I dont have access to FCOL but our email administrator does. I have tried to set it up as an EAS server and that doesnt work.
    Are y'all running FCSS 9.1 b30? My settings are attached. Make sure you include the right port number for your server's configuration.

I have noticed some issues:

I created an event on the Pre with a repeat interval of "every 3 days" and it didn't sync correctly FirstClass - I guess because FC has no equivalent repeat interval? It created the event in FirstClass with no repeat, but also left off the location and notes fields
    task notes entered on the Pre sync to the category field in FirstClass (but work fine in reverse)
    tasks created on the Pre with no due date don't sync to FirstClass
    tasks created in FirstClass with no due date sync to the Pre with the start date as the due date

So, task handling needs a little work, but most of the event stuff I tested appears ok (except for the Pre-specific repeat intervals).

Is IMAP working for you? Do you know what build of Internet Services you're running?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    FCSS Build 30- My pre will not authenticate. I can sync mail via imap to FC, but EAS just wont work. I have BB's using 3rd party software for Activesync support through FCSS working just fine. Overall as a company this could be a make or break deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ekesqueaky View Post
    Are y'all running FCSS 9.1 b30? My settings are attached. Make sure you include the right port number for your server's configuration.

I have noticed some issues:

I created an event on the Pre with a repeat interval of "every 3 days" and it didn't sync correctly FirstClass - I guess because FC has no equivalent repeat interval? It created the event in FirstClass with no repeat, but also left off the location and notes fields
    task notes entered on the Pre sync to the category field in FirstClass (but work fine in reverse)
    tasks created on the Pre with no due date don't sync to FirstClass
    tasks created in FirstClass with no due date sync to the Pre with the start date as the due date

So, task handling needs a little work, but most of the event stuff I tested appears ok (except for the Pre-specific repeat intervals).

Is IMAP working for you? Do you know what build of Internet Services you're running?
  11.    #11  
    FCSS Build 30- My pre will not authenticate. I can sync mail via imap to FC, but EAS just wont work. I have BB's using 3rd party software for Activesync support through FCSS working just fine. Overall as a company this could be a make or break deal.
    Same here. Email is working fine, but I can't get calendar to work. (says I can't sign in.) I'm running FirstClass v 9.104
    When the iPhone 3.0 update came out, I had to add the following line to our InetSvcs.cf file:

ACTIVESYNC_HIGH_VERSION = 120

Do either of y'all have that? Maybe it makes a difference for the Pre as well?
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I tried adding this line. The sync services shows the device connecting, but the Pre gets bad login/password error. Still a no go for me.
    I'd love to see your Inetsvcs.cf file!
    Last edited by swagner; 09/28/2009 at 01:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    oh-- Just a reminder- I am not running FCSS 10 yet-- still on 9.1 build 30
    Inetsvcs.cf
    [Config]
    Console = 1
    Logging = 1
    LogDateFmt = "%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S"
    SET_HTMLMaxLinks = 500
    SET_HTMLMaxTableCells = 250

[SyncServices]
    SYNC_PACKET_SIZE = 3500
    ENFORCE_MD5_AUTH = 1
    PROTOCOL_NAME = HTTP
    PROTOCOL_PORT = 7962
    ACTIVESYNC_MAX_WINDOW_SIZE = 1
    ACTIVESYNC_MAX_PING_INTERVAL = 5
    ACTIVESYNC_SESSION_TIMEOUT_INTERVAL = 5
    ACTIVESYNC_HIGH_VERSION = 120

;New CF file tokens enable setting of log level and trace components at startup time. New tokens are LOG_LEVEL and TRACExx where xx are index numbers starting with 01,02,03....99.
    ;Values for LOG_LEVEL are BASIC, VERBOSE or DEBUG.
    ;Values for TRACE01,TRACE02,TRACE03,.......etc. are as per Trace components menu options:
    DISPATCHER
    TRANSPORT
    HTTP
    FC_API
    FC_API_ENUMERATION
    ;SYNCML_SESSION
    ;SYNCML_DECODE
    ;SYNCML_ENCODE
    ;SYNCML_DECODE_DETAILS
    ;SYNCML_ENCODE_DETAILS
    ;SYNC_PACKET_SIZE = 3500
    ;The SYNC_PACKET_SIZE over ride will limit the maximum network packet size to 3500 bytes. This is usually a value that will be under the carrier network threshold, however, if problems still persist this value may be further modified. Setting this value to 0 (zero) restores the variable/unlimited network packet size.
    ;
    ;An CF file example of a normal debug startup with some basic component tracing would be :
    LOG_LEVEL = DEBUG
    ;TRACE01 = SYNCML_SESSION
    ;TRACE02 = SYNCML_DECODE
    ;TRACE03 = SYNCML_ENCODE
    ;TRACE04 = ACTIVESYNC_SESSION
    ;TRACE05 = ACTIVESYNC_DECODE
    ;TRACE06 = ACTIVESYNC_ENCODE
    ;TRACE07 = FC_API
    ;TRACE08 = DISPATCHER
    ;TRACE09 = TRANSPORT
    ;TRACE10 = HTTP
    ;TRACE11 = FC_API_ENUMERATION
    ;TRACE12 = SYNCML_DECODE_DETAILS
    ;TRACE13 = SYNCML_ENCODE_DETAILS
    ;TRACE14 = ACTIVESYNC_DECODE_DETAILS
    ;TRACE15 = ACTIVESYNC_ENCODE_DETAILS

[Debug]
    DBG_InetSvc = 0
    DBG_TaskList = 0
    DBG_InetCfg = 0
    DBG_SSL = 0

DBG_Resolver = 0
    DBG_FCNmTrn = 0

DBG_IMRFCd = 0
    DBG_IMRFCe = 0
    DBG_IMMIMEIn = 0

DBG_InetCli = 0
    DBG_ICFngr = 0
    DBG_ICPOP3 = 0
    DBG_ICIMAP4 = 0
    DBG_ICLDAP = 0
    DBG_LDAPMsg = 0
    DBG_ICHTTP = 0
    DBG_ICHTTPScr = 0
    DBG_ICFTP = 0
    DBG_ICCIFS = 0

DBG_GWSrvr = 0
    DBG_SMTPCln = 0
    DBG_SMTPMsg = 0
    DBG_SMTPCon = 0
    DBG_NNTPGCl = 0
    DBG_NNTPGCM = 0
    DBG_NNTPCon = 0

DBG_POP3Cln = 0
    DBG_POP3Msg = 0
    DBG_HTTPCln = 0
    DBG_HTTPMsg = 0
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    My logs show me logging into the server and getting "no activesync id" and it assigns a temporary one for some reason. The device comes back with a bad login/password error.

My inetsvcs file is virtually the same. Running FCSS 9.1 build 30. I have read the thread on FCOL and all other pre related info. Seems some get it to work, others can't.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    bump
    I also use firstclass at my job. No one here can get the first class email to work on the pre. Everyone with blackberry and Iphone can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    If you are having trouble with AstraSync / ActiveSync or SyncML based mechanisms for syncing FirstClass with the Palm Pre or any other device, you may want to consider NotifyLink. It is a server based solution that syncs the information from FirstClass to the server, then lets the handhelds get mail and contacts and calendar from the Notify server, not from FirstClass. Works extremely well. We have a lot of small and large installations running throughout North America. I would be pleased to provide more information to anyone that is interested.

Rob Whitelock
    Palantir Information Systems
    FirstClass Platinum Reseller
    NotifyLink Partner