Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone experience really weird sounding voice when you use your shoulder to hold your Pre. Everyone that I talk to says they can understand me and I sound like im under water when I use my shoulder. This is VERY frustrating because I am always using both my hands. I'm on my 3rd Pre and they all do it.
    There's another thread like this. The mic is to the left of the button. Are you covering the mic with your chin when it's on your shoulder?
    Not to be mean, but find another solution. if both your hands are busy a "hands free" headset should work for you. I have one and love it. I also have another solution for the car. especially since in some states its illegal to talk on the phone and drive at the same time.
    1) I can always tell when someone is resting a phone on their shoulder because all phones do this unless they are long enough for the microphone to bypass your cheek, which most aren't anymore.

2) Bluetooth is your friend.
    Not to mention that holding the phone with your chin/shoulder is exceptionally bad for your neck.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Unfort I think people look like dorks with those headsets on, hence I just hold the phone.
    The design of the phone doesn't bode well with your shoulder and I learned the hard way as I dropped my phone doing this. lulz

Thankfully I'm getting a new one anyway due to a bad pixel when I got the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Unfort I think people look like dorks with those headsets on, hence I just hold the phone.
    Not all of them look bad like the S9. But however dorky the look may be, i shiver more at the chance of dropping my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    Not all of them look bad like the S9. But however dorky the look may be, i shiver more at the chance of dropping my phone.
    Who makes the S9? Trust me I wouldn't mind having one if I could find one that I like the look of.
  10.    #10  
    I now feel like a moron, my cheek was covering the mic which was creating the weird sound. LOL
    Motorola MOTOROKR S9 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - New in Poly-Bag - 98801N - Buy.com

you can find it cheaper as well. I use the ht-820 for work (music and conversation). But i will agree, jawbone and others do not offer the same aesthetics as stereo headsets.
    or you could use the wired headset that came with your Pre. Very functional and doesn't look dorky since pretty much everybody listens to an mp3 player these days.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by motox502 View Post
    I now feel like a moron, my cheek was covering the mic which was creating the weird sound. LOL
    Yep, did that a couple times myself. Now I know to pinch phone such that mic is higher up and not covered by cheek.
    I have a pair of senheiser stero phones I use for music. Of course they don't have a mic. It's the mono ones like the jawbone that I really don't like at all. There's a patron at one of the clubs I frequent who has the thing in his ear the whole night and everyone just stairs and shakes their head. He seems to think he looks cool or important but everyone's like, PA-LEEEEEZZZZZZZZ!!!!!
    Yea, I agree with you there. But something about wired headsets always appealed to me, I think I might spring for one of those once I get the Pre.
    I have had this problem with every cell phone I have ever owned.
    I have a pair of senheiser stero phones I use for music. Of course they don't have a mic. It's the mono ones like the jawbone that I really don't like at all. There's a patron at one of the clubs I frequent who has the thing in his ear the whole night and everyone just stairs and shakes their head. He seems to think he looks cool or important but everyone's like, PA-LEEEEEZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

Senheiser rocks. My cable just broke for mine on thursday. 8 bucks for a new one is not bad though.

Worse part about the mono ones... is the bright blue light.

OP, good to see you figured out what was causing it. Just be careful if you continue to rest it on your shoulder.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I've been waiting forever for the update on this.

With phones getting smaller (and more expensive) then I quit trying to do shoulder talking. I tried bluetooth and found it annoying but I've become a big fan of the iPhone/Pre headset. Two earbuds make it easier to hear people and the Mic doubles up as a pause/play/skip control for the media player.
    The pre has alot of cool features.Theres this amazing thing called speakerphone. you should look into it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast