Is there a way to open hyperlinks in new cards? "Like tabbed browsing"
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Yes. Hold down Orange + Sym and tap the link
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    wow really? that's new to me! Thanks!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    Yes. Hold down Orange + Sym and tap the link
    Wow, that was hard with only 2 hands, but I tried it with just holding down the Orange + press my link and that worked! Thanks for the idea, will make surfing easier!
  5.    #5  
    Neither way works all the time...guess I need practice
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Weird. The Org+link doesn't seem to work for me yet...though the Org+Sym+link works well (though really awkward). Nice tip.
    good to know but an awful choice.. awkward as hell plus opening the keyboard is LAME
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I haven't been able to get Orange + tap link to work (without holding down Sym also), but that would be nice if it did work. I agree that Orange + Sym + tap link is awkward and tough to do. It seems like Orange + tap link would work better and wouldn't cause any problems.
    I wish it was just finger on gesture area + click or something.
    Jordan Mack
    webOS Chat
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    Wow, that was hard with only 2 hands, but I tried it with just holding down the Orange + press my link and that worked! Thanks for the idea, will make surfing easier!
    If you were clicking a link posted in a thread here in the forums that's why it appeared to work with just the Orange key. Links are designed to open in new windows in these forums.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmack549 View Post
    I wish it was just finger on gesture area + click or something.
    Me, too. That would be ideal. Palm, how about adding this to 1.04 or a subsequent update?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    good to know but an awful choice.. awkward as hell plus opening the keyboard is LAME
    Yeah, they should have made it similar to copy and paste. Hold finger down on gesture area, click the link, open in new browser.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I'd like to see where you click a link and it opens in the same page, but you hold a link and it give you a context menu with choices of how to open it.
    anyone try orange + shift + click link? Like with screen capture, you can either use orange + sym + p or orange + shift + p. I do the latter since you can press both with just your thumb.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    No dice. Org+Shift+link doesn't work... I'd like the finger on the gesture area + link option...that'd make surfing very "multitask-friendly".
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    In another post, someone said to:

in portrait mode, scroll all the way to the top
    click in the address bar
    click in an open space in the page

And sym+click should work to open in new cards. I use shift+click actually, and doing the above steps has worked just fine.
    Bok
    Hey everyone, orange + SPACEBAR + link will open any link in a new card. it's still not ideal but at least it's a little bit easier to use.