1.    #1  
    I am sending out a plea, for someone, somewhere, to figure out how to add the ROAM ONLY feature to the pre, to non-rooted devices. I don't want to brick my phone, but my sprint service has been spotty at best the past 2 days.
    If the pimpmypre program can change the default tone, I am confident that someone can make a roam only program.

Please, help. lol
    I agree, my reception sucks, bars jumping all over the place.

WinMo has hack that you add to set phone to Roam as needed when in fringe area. This is missing on Pre and I think would be great for some to prevent dropped calls, no bars or service, etc.

Possibly Palm put it on phone as option to improve reception problems.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    I am sending out a plea, for someone, somewhere, to figure out how to add the ROAM ONLY feature to the pre, to non-rooted devices. I don't want to brick my phone, but my sprint service has been spotty at best the past 2 days.
    If the pimpmypre program can change the default tone, I am confident that someone can make a roam only program.

Please, help. lol
    Have you noticed that your signal has been weaker yesterday and today than it has been? I'm pretty sure mine has been worse.
    Has ANYONE bricked their phone trying to root? I hadn't heard that... seems that it's pretty easy to restore if you do. Just follow the instructions carefully, they work!
    i know that data mode can be set to 1xRTT by pressing ##3836# and changing the settings
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    Have you noticed that your signal has been weaker yesterday and today than it has been? I'm pretty sure mine has been worse.
    Much, though it is because my local tower is down, and this activity is not normal for my pre.
    I have no idea how to root and add lines in linux, so I am at the mercy of others to make an app that I can install.

I do NOT want to go back to my touch pro for now.
    +1 Great Idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    i know that data mode can be set to 1xRTT by pressing ##3836# and changing the settings
    you can do that by changing the settings like above

Please, help. lol
    Really? Did you even try a search?

http://forums.precentral.net/hardwar...only-hack.html

While you still have to root the Pre, it won't brick it if you type everything right. Mine works flawlessly.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Off topic but when I went into a sprint store I was roaming. Kind of lame
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Really? Did you even try a search?

http://forums.precentral.net/hardwar...only-hack.html

While you still have to root the Pre, it won't brick it if you type everything right. Mine works flawlessly.
    Uh, yes...I did search. But I do not want to root, nor do I know how to do anything in linux once I do root. I have been following that thread since it was first posted.
    Uh, yes...I did search. But I do not want to root, nor do I know how to do anything in linux once I do root. I have been following that thread since it was first posted.
    All you have to do is copy and paste the code in a telnet or SSH session, it is not that difficult at all especially if you follow the easy steps on the wiki...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.