Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I am on my second pre, I bought at best buy so I could get the insurance with no deductable and unlimited repairs as well $9.99 a month.
    Bubbles can, and do, form under the outer plastic layer of the screen. This happened with my 2nd Pre. I believe it was related to excessive heat in that area caused by the horrible reception (radio working too hard to establish and maintain a connection) and the TouchStone.

http://forums.precentral.net/hardwar...ic-screen.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1686263
    Other than a few scratches on the screen, mine's still working like the day I bought it. I don't see any reason that the device couldn't last at least a year, if not longer — it's a lot more sturdy than my htc touch pro seemed to be.
    No. It won't last two years. Get insurance and plan on likely using it.
    I too think it is deceptively durable- but! I haven't had a phone for more than a year in a long long time. I love updating! And now that I can upgrade once a year, I'm sure I'll be upgrading to the next "best phone ever" 12 months from now.
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I plan on using mine for 12 months, then upgrading to the next WebOS device
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Bingo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    FTW! However, I suspect that for a lot of people, the Pre may not last a year, let alone two. It just seems too fragile to me. Hopefully I'm proven wrong on the durability. The problem is that it feels fragile, even if it's not, and that may turn off a lot of potential buyers.
    I'm with the folks saying I will likely be upgrading again this time next year to the new "best phone." I pick up my Pre next Wednesday and have no idea if it will last the year, but I would think with proper care i can get a year out of it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12