1.    #1  
    this morning i was playing sudoku on my pre while riding the train to work. at one of the train's stops i turned off the screen for a moment while i stepped aside to let people board the train. to my surprise when i tried to unlock the phone it wouldn't work. i'm able to put my pin in but it just stays on the "enter pin" screen. the only way i was able to get the phone working again was by removing the battery. i was curious to see if this was a onetime occurance or if there was something wrong with my phone so i opened up sudoku, played a little, locked the phone and it happened again. i actually did it a few times and i noticed that when i open sudoku and lock the phone without actually playing the game, everything works fine, but when i open sudoku and play for a little bit then lock the phone, that's when the problem occurs.

so basically, i'm wondering if this is a bug, or is there a problem with my phone? this was the first time i played sudoku since the latest update and prior to that i never had any problems.

would someone please try playing sudoku and lock their phone to see if they have the same issue?

thanks
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    this morning i was playing sudoku on my pre while riding the train to work. (...snip...)

would someone please try playing sudoku and lock their phone to see if they have the same issue?

thanks
    Can you actually play the Pre Sudoku?? It is soooo bad compared to the version on my Touch. I have had it lock up and it is not as well coded for touch screen as the one on iPod. I found myself having to select the square about 6 times before I could make an entry. I wish we could get the same one that is on the iPod which works great. Oh and no I don't think it's a Pre screen issus - I think the app is just poor.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
    Can you actually play the Pre Sudoku?? It is soooo bad compared to the version on my Touch. I have had it lock up and it is not as well coded for touch screen as the one on iPod. I found myself having to select the square about 6 times before I could make an entry. I wish we could get the same one that is on the iPod which works great. Oh and no I don't think it's a Pre screen issus - I think the app is just poor.
    yea i agree, the app could've been designed better but it worked well for me up until now. i'm really starting to think it's just a bug because this is the only app that does this to my phone.

i'm guessing not many others here play sudoku.....
    Last edited by Emceesquared; 06/24/2009 at 11:51 AM.
  4.    #4  
    i would really appreciate some feedback regarding this matter. if there's a problem with the app fine, but if it's my phone i'd like to know asap because there is a sprint store right across the street from my job. i can go there on my lunch break, which is in a hour from now, and talk to someone about possibly exchanging my phone.
  5.    #5  
    1064 people viewing and i can't get ONE person to provide some helpful feedback?
    1064 viewed and either haven't had the problem or don't have the sudoku App. And I have neither.

But since you wanted a response, "Nope, don't have this problem"
    Well I just tried it and my phone and I had no problem unlocking it.
    I am having the same problem. Have been for weeks, I just haven't played it enough for it to be annoying enough for me to search on it until now.

HOWEVER, I just downloaded the Sudoku update from the App Catalog today, and the problem is fixed (along with substantial improvements of in-game performance!!).