Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Here's a Tip for those that want Vibra Ring style alerts, meaning the phone vibrates first a few times before the alert sounds comes through.

Just insert a few seconds of silence into the beginning whatever Ringtone you are using. Voila!

When someone calls me, my phone plays the Ringtone but the first few seconds is silence so you hear nothing while the phone vibrates, this gives me time to silence the phone before it makes any noises.
    Thanks Bro
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
    Quote Originally Posted by seizure View Post
    Here's a Tip for those that want Vibra Ring style alerts, meaning the phone vibrates first a few times before the alert sounds comes through.

Just insert a few seconds of silence into the beginning whatever Ringtone you are using. Voila!

When someone calls me, my phone plays the Ringtone but the first few seconds is silence so you hear nothing while the phone vibrates, this gives me time to silence the phone before it makes any noises.
    Not sure what you mean. When I get a call, my phone rings and vibrates at the same time right from the start. Are you saying yours doesn't?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    Not sure what you mean. When I get a call, my phone rings and vibrates at the same time right from the start. Are you saying yours doesn't?
    No, what he has his phone set up to do is vibrate a few times BEFORE it starts playing the ringtone. Essentially he has it set up as vibrate + ringtone. He then has a audio file that is silent for a few seconds in beginning. So its technically its playing a ringtone, but the audio is just silent for a few seconds while it still vibrates. Then the audio kicks in.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuccck View Post
    No, what he has his phone set up to do is vibrate a few times BEFORE it starts playing the ringtone. Essentially he has it set up as vibrate + ringtone. He then has a audio file that is silent for a few seconds in beginning. So its technically its playing a ringtone, but the audio is just silent for a few seconds while it still vibrates. Then the audio kicks in.
    Yup, so you can be more discreet in public places, or in case you forget to switch the ringer to vibrate in a movie theater, you have a few seconds to silence the phone in case someone calls you. Vibra-ring is a patented Motorola function. So only that brand has it by default, but with this little insert silence into audio trick you can have the feature as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by seizure View Post
    Vibra-ring is a patented Motorola function. So only that brand has it by default
    Hmmm... That might be, but my Touch Pro had what sounds like pretty much the same function.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic