1.    #1  
    So i have had Palm products teamed with sprint service for the past 6 years. My new Pre, that i love, is roaming in places ive never had to roam before! And i dont ever remember not being able to use the internet while roaming. So i go to the lake every weekend in the summer. (luckily my pre hasnt had swimming lessons yet) I used to get 1-2 bars of sprint service there, where now im roaming with 1-2 bars. So i get a few texts saying " hey did you get my pic mail" No, i didnt. No biggie i just figured picture mail was jacked. So then i try to get on accuweather, which wont load. Weird, i thought. So accuweather isnt loading, i will just get online to check the weather. No luck there either! Is this something everyone else is aware of? Am i just out of the loop or what? Was it an anomaly?
    Quote Originally Posted by med8869 View Post
    So i have had Palm products teamed with sprint service for the past 6 years. My new Pre, that i love, is roaming in places ive never had to roam before! And i dont ever remember not being able to use the internet while roaming. So i go to the lake every weekend in the summer. (luckily my pre hasnt had swimming lessons yet) I used to get 1-2 bars of sprint service there, where now im roaming with 1-2 bars. So i get a few texts saying " hey did you get my pic mail" No, i didnt. No biggie i just figured picture mail was jacked. So then i try to get on accuweather, which wont load. Weird, i thought. So accuweather isnt loading, i will just get online to check the weather. No luck there either! Is this something everyone else is aware of? Am i just out of the loop or what? Was it an anomaly?
    Go to Phone -> Preferences and enable Data Roaming. It's off by default but works great when enabled.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
  3.    #3  
    easy fix ..thanks!
  4.    #4  
    that would seem to be a weird default setting. lol Im sure i will run into some more!
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    Go to Phone -> Preferences and enable Data Roaming. It's off by default but works great when enabled.
    For those of you having trouble finding Phone -> Preferences, bring up the dialing keypad, then go to Sprint -> Preferences.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    When you enable the data roaming, do you get charged for data roaming? Does anyone know?
    Quote Originally Posted by gtacura View Post
    When you enable the data roaming, do you get charged for data roaming? Does anyone know?

If you are on one of the "everything" plans (and you should be) there is no charge for data roaming per se, but theoretically, if you go over 50% of your mins on roaming then you could get charged extra.

HOWEVER, I have been told be two seperate Sprint Reps that they are NOT doing this (the charge for over 50%) with the Pre. Perhaps it is because of the signal issue I don't know and, of course, that could change.