Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    Oh it's possible. My brother texted me with his iPhone in his pant pocket with the screen facing his leg. It apparently works through some fabrics. It also does with the Pre.
    It absolutely can work. Here is how I saw it go down one time with my brother. We were sitting in bleachers, he in front of me with his wife. My phone rings. I look and see it is him...hmmmm. For grins I answer and can here all the background noise. This is about the 3rd or 4th time he's done it. I tell him, "You just called me." His wife says, "Yeah, you called me a couple times too." He pulls his phone out of his back pocket and checks it then turns it off and puts it back in his pocket. I wonder if he accidently presses the on switch when he shoves it in his pocket?

I should never have brought that part up because I suspect it might be just as much of an issue with the Pre.

My main point was how simple and quick it was to make a call with the Pre, compared to the Iphone.

In other areas, the Iphone definitely has advantages...like the bigger, tougher screen and 40,000 applications.
    Last edited by Disaster; 06/24/2009 at 11:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Unless your friend had a bare finger (or whatever ) already in his pocket, pocket dialing is impossible with an iPhone. You can only dial using the on-screen dialer (which sucks for one-handedness and dialing by feel) and the screen requires human flesh to make it work.
    I don't have an iphone and don't know how they work, but a friend of mine pocket dials me with his iphone all of the time. Two out of three of his calls to me he doesn't even know he's called me, so apparently 'impossible' is not impossible at all.
    I don't have an Iphone or Pre but my sister pocket dialed me from her Iphone on an airplane last week.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12