Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Anybodyknow if there's a hack to lower the lowest brightness on the screen even lower? Even minimum is often too bright for me
    Mine is too bright for me aswell and sometimes it seems the light sensor doesn't work
    Palm needs to optimize this. I am writing this while drivng through the dark desert night.

I agree, the screen brightness could be dimmer, and more importantly at the moment, the keyboard could be brighter.
  4. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Yes, close your eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Yes, close your eyes.
    lol
    Agreed, this thing on its lowest setting seems brighter than my 700P on its highest setting.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    A lower brightness setting would be awesome and it would probably increase battery life as well!
    BTW the lowest setting seems to disable the keyboard backlight. So now I'm having to set it to one less than lowest.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jauderho View Post
    BTW the lowest setting seems to disable the keyboard backlight. So now I'm having to set it to one less than lowest.
    I'm on the lowest brightness and the keyboard is still lit (albeit very very dimly!).

If it is completely dark, then there's probably something wrong with your Pre.
    The lowest setting doesn't disable my kb light, but the contrast between the still too bright screen and the too dim kb hurts my eyes, while going back and forth between the two.

@gollyzila, I haven't noticed a light sensor either.
    It seems that the limits of the slider are from 10 to 100 checking the .jsjsjs $for$ $it$.

It is possible to set it from 0 to 100. That makes the screen still be pretty bright (not a huge difference from the default setting), but then the keyboard backlight doesn't come on.
    @galavanter
    The light and proximity sensor are to the right of the ear piece. If you hold the Pre just right in bright light you'll see them side by side.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    You should also have the option to be able to control the brightness on the keyboard
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    @galavanter
    The light and proximity sensor are to the right of the ear piece. If you hold the Pre just right in bright light you'll see them side by side.
    Thanks. By shining my led light there I saw them and activated the light sensor. 7 seconds later it dimmed slightly and sorta flashed again in another second.So it works, but not to my satisfaction.

Tonight I have posted more than any other time (great practice) on the Pre and my eyes are truly fatigued.
    I wish I could set the screen brightness lower but NOT the KB because its pretty low on the lowest setting

unfortunately it looks like they are tied together
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jauderho View Post
    The keyboard doesn't light up once your battery gets down to a certain %, to save battery life.
    Funny you should start this thread. I woke up in the middle of the night because I thought I heard the new message tone go off (I think I actually dreamed it because the ringer switch was off -- I know, sad and creepy, but I digress). Anyway, pressed the power button to bring up the screen and... WOW! talk about being blinded by the light! I went into prefs thinking the brightness must have somehow gotten turned all the way up only to find that it's still all the way down. So my eyes adjusted I decided to test it. I slid the brightness all the way to the right (high) and I felt like I was looking into the sun. So I agree, it would def be nice if the low brightness were even lower.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    meh, why would you want it lower?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I agree, the screen is too bright, and they keyboard is too dim! this should be very simple to fix, or perhaps even a 3rd party app could adjust this.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    meh, why would you want it lower?
    1. Looking at who is calling on vibrate in a movie theater without disturbing other people.
    2. Reading an eBook at night in bed, without lighting up the whole room and keeping your wife from sleeping.
    3. Looking at the display in a dark car at night without killing you night vision.
    4. Increase battery life.
    5. To not kill your night vision when using a star chart on it when out at night looking towards the heavens.
    6. Because we want to.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast