Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    The browser on the Pre likes to grab keystrokes and place them in the address bar (unless you are in landscape mode which kind of defeats the use of the physical keyboard. This can be avoided by placing a form in the webpage and then touching the form so as to contain the keystrokes. Actual programmers may find another way to mitigate this issue.

I'm starting to think that the best way to go about this is to make a webOS app that calls up the jsjsjs $from$ $Peter$'$s$ $web$ $page$ $to$ $communicate$ $with$ $the$ $server$. $This$ $would$ $avoid$ $the$ $problem$ $of$ $the$ $address$ $bar$ $hijacking$ $the$ $keystrokes$.

What's cool is that I confirmed that jsjsjs $can$ $pick$ $up$ $all$ $the$ $characters$ $on$ $the$ $qwerty$ $via$ $this$ webpage.
    Special characters that you get from the SYM key are more problematic and may need to be addressed via webpage buttons.

The bottom of this page has a cool keydown / keypress/ keyup test to determine keyCode and charCode when using the Pre's keyboard.

References:
    Events and Event Handlers

JavaScript Madness: Keyboard Events

Capturing a Key

JavaScript - Detecting keystrokes
    Last edited by Mannyman; 07/03/2009 at 04:55 AM. Reason: References added
    Anyone play with this anymore?? Any work being done with it?
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    Anyone play with this anymore?? Any work being done with it?
    TIWizard disappeared.

I opened up all the jsjsjs $and$ $html$ $files$ $and$ $am$ $as$ $clueless$ $about$ $programming$ $as$ $I$ $feared$.

I think it just needs a coder to add the keypress stuff into the webpages and then make the webpages into an app.

If anyone knows any of the homebrew people. I'm willing to send beer money to whomever can do it.
    Last edited by Mannyman; 07/10/2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: typo
    Bump! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    I actually had to reformat my computer due to a virus, so I lost the source that I modified

Link
    If there is interest I could do this but I ould charge for it
  7.    #27  
    YAY
    Last edited by Mannyman; 09/05/2009 at 03:52 PM.
    PC mouse and keypad control is planned to be in release 1.0 of media remote. This is planned to release prior to 9/1. as a FYI.
  9.    #29  
    WinRemote seems to have a good enough solution.

Maybe that author can add winkeyboard and trackpad scenes to his app...
    get the emulator if you can't use or get the pre.
    How you are talking is what is capible with the media remote application. One scene the screen is a track pad and you can use the pre's key pad.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    If there is interest I could do this but I ould charge for it
    This would work for me and the suggestions to provide an input field to handle keyboard entry instead of WebOS taking control and the touchscreen providing mouse control and maybe even CtrlAltDel, Left Click, Right Click option button to left and and right would also help.

I could use something like this now to control both mac (bedroom) and pc (livingroom) flatscreen interfaces.

Please go for it and yes I'm also willing to support financially. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I am running 64 bit Windows 7, tried installing Couch Surfer regular, in compatibility mode, and thru compatibility mode or thru install as admin, seems to install and run, but when I run it, I am not presented with this per the home page of the app:

"After installing enter the provided URL (see settings screen) into your mobile device."

I get no running app I can access from anywhere, no settings screen, nothing.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12