1.    #1  
    I am sure this has been asked but I wasnt able to find an answer - is there a way to search gmail or an EAS email account setup on the PRE?

thanks
    Only on the web version of gmail through the browser. Unfortunately iniversal search is only a half *** implementation right now and hopefully something they fix.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for your response
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Only on the web version of gmail through the browser. Unfortunately iniversal search is only a half *** implementation right now and hopefully something they fix.
    Personally, I think Universal Search is pretty close to being a great implementation. I don't want too much detail here, although I'd welcome calendar and task search. I would definitely like to see search in the email app itself, however.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I think it's crazy that something as basic as searching through your calendar and your email isn't set-up out of the box. I mean how impressed should I be by "swooshing" cards of the screen if the basics aren't covered?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInDiego View Post
    I think it's crazy that something as basic as searching through your calendar and your email isn't set-up out of the box. I mean how impressed should I be by "swooshing" cards of the screen if the basics aren't covered?
    Well, I doubt that calendar and email search were delayed because of the method for closing applications. But, if there were a conflict, I'm sure glad that Palm decided to include a way to close them.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInDiego View Post
    I totally agree. I am a big palm fan. I was first in line at the launch and super excited to upgrade from my 755p. However, finding that i couldn't even search within the email application almost made me return it that same day. The only reason that I have held on to it is because I have a few buddies at Palm. They said it is coming soon, but couldn't get too specific.