Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I've been following this thread from the start. I agree with hparsons and pathymo. It's almost as if we share a mind.... Or common sense.

I think that nothing short of Palm shipping a brand new device without a hold would have sufficed for the OP.

If you don't like Palm now, then return your phone and go with a manufacturer that can cater to your high demands.
    I called the palm tech support line asking about my screen discoloration issue and it was a profoundly infuriating experience as the Indian tech was completely clueless and very unhelpful, and refused to transfer me to anyone who could help.

Luckily the Best Buy where I bought it got one in and I was able to swap it out there with no trouble.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Why are you people calling palm about these issues? Just go back to the point of purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    Why are you people calling palm about these issues? Just go back to the point of purchase.
    So would you also get your tech support from Wal-Mart if you bought a Dell there?? Yeah, try that & let us know how it works out.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    So would you also get your tech support from Wal-Mart if you bought a Dell there?? Yeah, try that & let us know how it works out.
    I bought my LapTop at Best Buy, and if I had an issue with it, I would take it to Best Buy because that is who I got my insurance from, and that is where I am supposed to take it under the warranty guidelines.

When you buy a phone from a retailer, you take the phone back to that same retailer if there is a problem.

Also, Tech support is not the same as needing to get a device replaced due to a manufacture defect. For the record, if there was a technical problem with the Pre, I would call Sprint Tech Support because I have common sense.
    So let me see if I'm understanding this.

Palm offered OP two options:

1. Mail the Pre in for repair.
    2. Advanced Exchange - Palm will mail out a new Pre but will place a $400 hold on CC to insure return of the original device.

Can those of you who believe these options to be unreasonable please let me know what would be an acceptable solution to the original issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    No, because Dell has a different arrangement, and it's known up front.

Like he said, you work with what you've got.
  8. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raegan76 View Post
    So let me see if I'm understanding this.

Palm offered OP two options:

1. Mail the Pre in for repair.
    2. Advanced Exchange - Palm will mail out a new Pre but will place a $400 hold on CC to insure return of the original device.

Can those of you who believe these options to be unreasonable please let me know what would be an acceptable solution to the original issue?
    you missed one part of option 2 that made it unreasonable for me, that they would only send me a refurb on a 2 week old phone
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    you missed one part of option 2 that made it unreasonable for me, that they would only send me a refurb on a 2 week old phone
    Plus you pay the postage for a manufacturer defect.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Plus you pay the postage for a manufacturer defect.
    ??

They place a hold for the retail value of the phone, and send you the phone with the necessary materials to send the old one back.... you don't send your phone in first.
    My gf charged her phone to the account and had an issue with the earpiece not working properly. We called around to see what Sprint stores had stock available and the closest store was about an hour away. The manager held a Pre for us to return it and profusely apologized for the issue. I am a new customer to Sprint and no other company took ownership like she did.

I have an issue with my Pre now, the screen is separating from the body and called her, shes holding one for me so I can pick it up tomorrow. I wrote an email to corporate based upon my service and will be a loyal customer to Sprint now.

The stores local to me couldnt be bothered to return the phone because they would obviously be pulling from Pres that they could have sold. She realized that customer service it more important than sales.

Every company has good and bad people, some people who go in and punch a clock and some who actually take pride in what they do. To the OP try a different sprint store in your area you should find someone who will actually help you.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kabamm View Post
    I wonder if iPhones have any backlight issues?
    I dont have any backlight issues. I have yet to see one that does.
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    ??

They place a hold for the retail value of the phone, and send you the phone with the necessary materials to send the old one back.... you don't send your phone in first.
    1. Warranty

This product is covered under a limited warranty for 1 year. Eligible in-warranty repairs are offered at no charge for one year from the date of original purchase. You may be responsible for shipping charges. The warranty does not cover damage resulting from certain events or conditions. Please review your warranty for more information.
    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Support Services
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I stand semi-corrected, as it does say "you MAY be responsible for shipping charges", not that you WILL be, and this is Palm's guidelines and not Sprint's. I was basing my statement on the provider's regulations.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456