Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 114
  1. d94
    d94 is offline
    d94's Avatar
    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
       #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by TweeterMan View Post
    No, Palm does NOT care about their customers.

    I just called the number where Palm will cover you for 90 days if anything happens to your Pre. I told I have at least 4 confirmed dead pixels, and the top of the slider, like most of you, has WAY too much play to it. It's got the Oreo syndrome, where you can even twist it to the right a little.

    I'm talking to this woman who I can barely understand a lick of what she's saying, I'm on hold for a total of 5 minutes during the conversation, she gives me a case number, and she asks if there's anything else she can help me with today.

    Wait, what? What did I miss?

    I asked her what it was she actually helped me with. First of all, she didn't give two *****s about the dead pixels. And about the extra play the slider has? Guess what?

    SHE SAID THAT IS NORMAL!

    Humanahumana whaaaaaaa? Is she for real?

    I'll try again another time with another rep, but holy crap! Palm can't be serious! So it's supposed to be normal that the build quality of a $600 phone is horse crap? Do they WANT to go out of business?
    wow..so sad to hear others are going through the exact same experience im having, dont bother waiting because you probably wont get a call back
    call corp 407-531-4496 opt 2..not that i think it'll do much

    i still cant believe palm is really treating its customers this way. im not asking for them to bend over backwards, we just want what we paid for
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  2. QSMC's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #62  
    I bought the insurance with best buy when I bought my pre-- they already gave me a new phone when the first was defective no problems or hasle.
  3. #63  
    OK, I'm on the phone with that # again, and the woman I talked to the first time, she put down in the notes as only having 1 dead pixel, when I said FOUR, and she put absolutely nothing down about the screen's extra wiggle. So she didn't help me because she has the English language grasped about 40%. Fantastic.
  4. IMethos's Avatar
    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    #64  
    dude, calm down. most of those issues are subjective and really didnt need that much effort to resolve
    1. very bad back light bleeding on the bottom of the screen.
    2. poor backlight on the keypad
    3. battery would not last longer than 6-8 hours regardless of settings

    seriously?? hahaha
  5. #65  
    Every time I read yet another post that sounds like whining, I have visions of Veruca Salt and her chorus of "I want it NOW!!!" (If only we had some Oompa Loompas around....)

    OP, I feel for ya...but I wouldn't expect too much sympathy on this board. I think many of us are just getting tired of the hyperbole and generalizations and the overall whininess. I'd offer you more solutions to your problem, but it appears that you have your mind set on want you want and anything else will be, to quote you, "unacceptable."

    But, all is not a total loss, there are some very valuable lessons to be learned:
    1. Be cautious when buying first gen anything. The problems with the first iPhone were well-documented so it really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that first gen Pre's have their faults as well. I'm sure the first owners of plasma tv's had all sorts of complaints.

    2. Do your research. If you're going to plop down a lot of money for something, research it extensively. Yes, this may mean waiting a few months or even a year to determine the functionality of an item but when you do finally get it you'll have a clear set of expectations based on the item's performance history and not your own opinion.

    3. Buyer beware. Most items are not perfect. Most items have problems. Even ones that cost a lot of money. Don't expect something to be better just because you paid more for it.

    4. Purchase from an authorized dealer. Much of what you're dealing with could have been prevented had you purchased the phone directly from Sprint.

    5. Protect your investment. When shelling out a lot of dough, do the research. Is it in my best interest to purchase a protection plan? What is the best way to insure my phone in case something goes wrong with it? These are questions that need to be asked prior to spending a lot of money.

    And just in case I haven't noted enough cliches for one post, here are a few more:
    Patience is a virtue
    Good things come to those who wait
    You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar
    No one likes to listen to a whiner (I made that one up myself)
    Treat others the way you would want to be treated
    Hakuna Matata
  6. #66  
    Raegan76, I'm sure you mean well but you just joined and have 6 posts. I'm just saying that you may wish to tone down the nastiness toward a long-time established user until you have established yourself. I also find it strange that such a new user is lecturing anyone about what they should expect from the PreCentral forums.

    I'm beginning to wonder if all these new users popping up bashing everyone that has anything critical to say how Palm is handling quality issues are really just Palm plants? LOL, just kidding, but where are they coming from? Why do they find the need to sign up and start flaming people now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raegan76 View Post
    Every time I read yet another post that sounds like whining, I have visions of Veruca Salt and her chorus of "I want it NOW!!!" (If only we had some Oompa Loompas around....)

    OP, I feel for ya...but I wouldn't expect too much sympathy on this board. I think many of us are just getting tired of the hyperbole and generalizations and the overall whininess. I'd offer you more solutions to your problem, but it appears that you have your mind set on want you want and anything else will be, to quote you, "unacceptable."
    ...
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Raegan76, I'm sure you mean well but you.....may wish to tone down the nastiness....until you have established yourself....such a new user is lecturing....users popping up bashing everyone....sign up and start flaming people
    Really? You read this entire thread and I'm the one you call out?

    Look, I'm not going to assume to know the tone of your post, but I will clarify the tone, attitude, etc of my post, lest I be accused of further misdoings. I did not post in a manner to be nasty, bash or flame. I stated my opinion (one I share with many others both in this thread and others similar to it) and provided some helpful advice from an old fart who's been through these things more times than I care to recall.

    Two sentences about what to expect on this board is hardly "lecturing." Again, I know what my intention was when I posted and lecturing is not even close. The part at the end, with the cliches, total self-deprecation....NOT anything negative about anyone else.

    I sincerely apologize for offending.

    (BTW, if you know I "meant well" then my post should not have been construed as nasty, lecturing, bashing, and flaming....)
  8. #68  
    One thing to keep in mind is that you will find people with this exact same experience with any company.
  9. pathymo's Avatar
    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Raegan76, I'm sure you mean well but you just joined and have 6 posts. I'm just saying that you may wish to tone down the nastiness toward a long-time established user until you have established yourself. I also find it strange that such a new user is lecturing anyone about what they should expect from the PreCentral forums.

    I'm beginning to wonder if all these new users popping up bashing everyone that has anything critical to say how Palm is handling quality issues are really just Palm plants? LOL, just kidding, but where are they coming from? Why do they find the need to sign up and start flaming people now?
    Sorry to be off topic here, but why do you feel that you have the right to try and tell someone what they are and are not allowed to post based on their post count? Who cares if they have 600 posts or 2 posts, if someone has valid points and wants to reply to a message on a freakin public message board, then they have every right to. This is not a democracy, there is no seniority. Anyone can post whatever the frak they want.

    Now, to be on topic with the OP, I tend to agree with most everyone else here.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    Sorry to be off topic here, but why do you feel that you have the right to try and tell someone what they are and are not allowed to post based on their post count?...
    I did no such thing. I simply said "...you may wish to tone down the nastiness." That's not telling anyone what they can or cannot post.
  11. SharonW's Avatar
    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    I did no such thing. I simply said "...you may wish to tone down the nastiness." That's not telling anyone what they can or cannot post.
    Nastiness?!?! Quit clutching your pearls, what he said could hardly be construed as nasty. He's got an incredibly valid point about the drama mamas on this board.

    And I'm still laughing over "corporate escallations." What dept. is that, again?
  12. #72  
    I hope this dude gets an iPhone. This is clearly too much smart phone for him.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    ...
    And I'm still laughing over "corporate escallations." What dept. is that, again?
    Why are you asking me? I haven't written anything about that.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by tweak41 View Post
    I hope this dude gets an iPhone. This is clearly too much smart phone for him.
    Yeah, cause Apple would probably replace his phone without all the BS nomatter where he got it from or if he got the extended warranty. All fanboyism aside, you all can say what you want about them, but they rank so high in overall customer satisfaction every year for a reason. They take care of their customers.

    Honestly, this is complete garbage from Palm. They've made a great product, but there's no doubt that A LOT of units have minor to major flaws. I mean damn. Tons of people have had more than 2 replacements already. And I myself am taking my wife's Pre back next week cause the battery life is horrible (cant even go half a day) & the slider is getting more loose every day. For $300 + a crap load of accessories (charging $50 for a Touchstone that costs $5 to make), that's unacceptable.

    So they really need to be taking care of the people that are giving them a second chance, especially at this make or break point in the company.
  15. smonme's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Yeah, cause Apple would probably replace his phone without all the BS nomatter where he got it from or if he got the extended warranty. All fanboyism aside, you all can say what you want about them, but they rank so high in overall customer satisfaction every year for a reason. They take care of their customers.

    Honestly, this is complete garbage from Palm. They've made a great product, but there's no doubt that A LOT of units have minor to major flaws. I mean damn. Tons of people have had more than 2 replacements already. And I myself am taking my wife's Pre back next week cause the battery life is horrible (cant even go half a day) & the slider is getting more loose every day. For $300 + a crap load of accessories (charging $50 for a Touchstone that costs $5 to make), that's unacceptable.

    So they really need to be taking care of the people that are giving them a second chance, especially at this make or break point in the company.
    sorry but your post is either beyond biased or you havent actually bought anything from apple, first off replacing a phone or anything with apple, is TONS of BS and depending where you go, you can be standing on line up to 6 hours just to speak with a customer service rep who will either not know enough about your phone to fix it, or tell you to go home and restore your phone in DMU mode with the fw. (my own personal experience with apple and about 6 iphones.) Obviously since you are taking your wife's pre back your having a better experience than the OP, probably because you are taking the phone back to its POP (place of purchase), Palm doesnt need to take care of anything because the phone is still selling and their customer support is helpful if your claims are reasonable. Nothing is perfect when it is first released into the public even average consumers know this fact, and complaining about product pricing, thats just lame.
  16. #76  
    What i do know of Palm's Policy if within warranty:
    1) repair and return - you would be sending the phone (excluding accessories) to palm repair center , wait for a week for the TAT, pay for the one-way shipping
    2) advance exchange - wait for the replacement before you shipped the defective one, surety amount of $400 which will be release after 7-10 days, 2-3 days TAT, $29.95 fee

    there's no option for them to send a NEW device so if its still within the first 30 days, go back to the point of purchased so you can get a new one
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by smonme View Post
    sorry but your post is either beyond biased or you havent actually bought anything from apple, first off replacing a phone or anything with apple, is TONS of BS and depending where you go, you can be standing on line up to 6 hours just to speak with a customer service rep who will either not know enough about your phone to fix it, or tell you to go home and restore your phone in DMU mode with the fw. (my own personal experience with apple and about 6 iphones.) Obviously since you are taking your wife's pre back your having a better experience than the OP, probably because you are taking the phone back to its POP (place of purchase), Palm doesnt need to take care of anything because the phone is still selling and their customer support is helpful if your claims are reasonable. Nothing is perfect when it is first released into the public even average consumers know this fact, and complaining about product pricing, thats just lame.

    The pre is still selling and is also STILL being returned at incredibly high rates. You still think palm doesn't need to do anything despite the high return rates and defects reported?

    People have every right to expect high quality after paying good money. Are you saying consumers should be perfectly content with multiple issues involving screen mobility, light leakage, blotches, heat, AND LOSS OF RECEPTION? on a phone?!?!

    For many people, this pre has clearly been a disaster, and as a result, it will be the same for both sprint and palm.
  18. smonme's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    The pre is still selling and is also STILL being returned at incredibly high rates. You still think palm doesn't need to do anything despite the high return rates and defects reported?

    People have every right to expect high quality after paying good money. Are you saying consumers should be perfectly content with multiple issues involving screen mobility, light leakage, blotches, heat, AND LOSS OF RECEPTION? on a phone?!?!

    For many people, this pre has clearly been a disaster, and as a result, it will be the same for both sprint and palm.
    Devasting for palm and sprint? I highly doubt that. Palms Stock went up after the release of the phone and as of right now shows no sign to returning to how cheap it was (wish i bought palm stock day before phone dropped). Im not saying anyone should be content with the issues you listed, but as a buyer you should know before you go home with the device or before you have it sent out to you, who to talk to if the device isnt operating like it should. Im pretty sure phone tag and stress can be avoided by just knowing that one fact. For me if i need to return or get anoter device I know i can go to radioshack, I also even took the clerks card (she was hot) just in case I needed reference as to who sold me the device and what was told. So yes palm does need to do something about the amount of devices being returned ( I dont have the data to compare Devices Sold vs Devices Returned ) but at the same time, check the product before you go marrily walking about your merry way. In 5 minutes at least 3 of the issues you listed could have been identified WHILE setting the phone at the main screen, Im just not down with placing blame without accepting some yourself.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by smonme View Post
    sorry but your post is either beyond biased or you havent actually bought anything from apple, first off replacing a phone or anything with apple, is TONS of BS and depending where you go, you can be standing on line up to 6 hours just to speak with a customer service rep who will either not know enough about your phone to fix it, or tell you to go home and restore your phone in DMU mode with the fw. (my own personal experience with apple and about 6 iphones.) Obviously since you are taking your wife's pre back your having a better experience than the OP, probably because you are taking the phone back to its POP (place of purchase), Palm doesnt need to take care of anything because the phone is still selling and their customer support is helpful if your claims are reasonable. Nothing is perfect when it is first released into the public even average consumers know this fact, and complaining about product pricing, thats just lame.
    Wow. Where to start? First, I own an iPhone and other Apple products and their customer service is by far the best of any tech company I've seen bar none. I've had to replace iPhone's and other Apple products and I've always been able to do so quickly, easily, with no waiting and with no BS every time. When I exchanged my iPhone at an Apple store I was able to do so without hassles even though I didn't even buy it from Apple. I bought it from AT&T. Every Apple employee I've ever spoken to was far more knowledgeable and interested in making me happy than any other company I've ever dealt with. I'd be interested to hear what BS you say they put you through but by just about every other account I've heard Apple customer support is stellar. My own experience bears that out as well.

    I'm not even going to touch your "Palm doesnt need to take care of anything" comment because I'd want to reach through the internet and slap you. I'll let other users field that one if they wish.
    Last edited by clipcarl; 06/25/2009 at 07:40 AM.
  20. #80  
    I say.....if you constantly have problems out of ANY company about customer service etc..and they refuse to help you...go to state's attourney office. make sure you have all paper work and logged all communications. My father bought a Chrysler mini-van which ended up being a lemon. Chrysler (dealership and corporate) did not want to replace the vehicle (bad transmission within 30 days of purchase). Dad got the state's attourney involved....got a brand new mini-van at the depreciated price of the broken one. Any time he visited that dealership, they treat him like a king because they knew he didnt play around. Go legal.....scratch...blemish....leak...does not matter. If your within in the legal right...you have nothing to lose


    IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions