Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    lol I think everyone is kinda sayin fu because we have all probably experienced the opposite of bad customer service (or at least I have) from sprint especially so far regarding the pre. They seem to know that its got flaws and want to make sure to take care of us early adopters that have been chewing their butts since they made the first real public tease back at CES. Calm down go to a different store and ask again joke around with the guys and act friendly most experiences with sprint reps that have started with a smile have ended with one for me .... and maybe an extra battery or charger or stylus I say thank you to sprint for the excellent customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by med8869 View Post
    Buy your phone from a sprint store next time! They have already replaced 2 of my phones for brand new ones! The last one i didnt even want them to replace because i just had a $30 cleaskinz installed on. The walked back out with a brand new one and credited my acct $40 for the skiz. Sounds pretty easy to me
    yeah but he would have to use the defective phone for a few days. no one should have to do that...I mean jeesh if palm cant fix every pixel and light on this phone as soon as I ask them too than it's obvious that they don't care about my Business....
  3. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    lol interesting bit of replies in this thread
    i can see where some people are comming from.
    but a few replies to a few q's
    first off i buy all my ****, yes i have alot of nice things but the parents dont give me anything.
    second off if i wanted a refurb id order myself one as a i run a service center and can easily order myself a replacement and have one in hand tomarrow - but based on the refurbs iv been seeing they will have issues and im not really looking to swap my phone 5 times before i get one free of defects. i understand many people have these issues, but i refuse to accept them. guess ill just call retentions since the manufacturer is unwilling to take care of the issue accordingly. this is not me whinning, this is me sharing my experience with others as i would of thought they'd take care of the problem. i will get this phone replaced i guess ill just have to call retentions. all i know is if i bought an iphone (as iv done in the past) and had any kind of prob i could swap instore or customer service sent me another NEW non refurb and without the deposit. this is not me being a fanboy, but having expectations coming from their competitor
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Not all perceived defects to you are considered defective in nature to them. Its the same with all companies. Why didn't you have sprint insurance?
    its insane to ask someone to pay 100 for the deductable to get a phone that is working and not defective
    from my understanding, you only pay the $100 if its lost , stolen, or user error ie: dropped in water
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    BTW. When dealing with others, I would suggest you use the word, "unacceptable" more sparingly.
    Several times, when reading this forum, I think back to the Princess Bride, where Inigo Montoya says "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means".
  7. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by med8869 View Post
    from my understanding, you only pay the $100 if its lost , stolen, or user error ie: dropped in water
    thats correct deductible is only for lost, stolen, water damage, or physical damage
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joelpalm View Post
    Just cancel and go get your iPhone already you damn fanboi!

JK. That sucks man, I would just return it and wait til they fix the problems.
    That's harsh..lol - I mean the fanboi part, hehe.

Seriously, I would return it and maybe buy again.
    D94....my first replacement was alot like yours. alot of the same issues. i called the sprint store i bought it from and was told they didnt have any. They said they would put me on a waiting list. They said bring it in and they would take a look at it. I took it in 10 mins after i got off the phone with them. Dropped it off for 45 mins. Came back and they had a new one for me. From what ive heard, Sprint stores have phones on hand for replacements.
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    lol interesting bit of replies in this thread
    i can see where some people are comming from.
    but a few replies to a few q's
    first off i buy all my ****, yes i have alot of nice things but the parents dont give me anything.
    second off if i wanted a refurb id order myself one as a i run a service center and can easily order myself a replacement and have one in hand tomarrow - but based on the refurbs iv been seeing they will have issues and im not really looking to swap my phone 5 times before i get one free of defects. i understand many people have these issues, but i refuse to accept them. guess ill just call retentions since the manufacturer is unwilling to take care of the issue accordingly. this is not me whinning, this is me sharing my experience with others as i would of thought they'd take care of the problem. i will get this phone replaced i guess ill just have to call retentions. all i know is if i bought an iphone (as iv done in the past) and had any kind of prob i could swap instore or customer service sent me another NEW non refurb and without the deposit. this is not me being a fanboy, but having expectations coming from their competitor
    Again did you read my post? You don't have to get a refurbished unit to replace it. You may have to wait for a new one to come in, but you won't have to take a replacement. The "tone" of your post leads people to think you are being "unreasonable" as we are all saying you should get a replacement but will have to wait to get one in stock and that is not good enough for you? SO again, go to the store and tell them you want to cancel your line unless they get you a brand new replacement. And stop assuming Palm owes you something or has to get you one ASAP.
    all i know is if i bought an iphone (as iv done in the past) and had any kind of prob i could swap instore or customer service sent me another NEW non refurb and without the deposit. this is not me being a fanboy, but having expectations coming from their competitor
    Huh??? Based on what? I'm assuming, from the tone of the post, that you've not done this with your iPhone in the past. If that's the case, on what are you basing your judgement on what they would do?
    basically what im saying is that the sprint store i use is on a waiting list for the Pre. However, ive taken 2 phones in with issues and recieved a brand new one immedietly! I would give it a shot.
    Had to post this again so mods I apologize but LOOK at this 3rd pre palm just sent me directly and told me they would make sure someone would "test" it. I can't believe this and am honestly at a loss for words...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I think what I'm most confused by is that d94 was the guy that got a Pre early from "one of my boys owns a few sprint stores"

- Don't have enough posts to put out the link, but it was entitled - got pre play few days

So I don't understand how you don't have any other avenues on getting this replaced. I can understand going through Palm, but you also have stores nearby that it seems you haven't even tried. I don't know... Just seems odd.

I guess I'm lucky, as I have no screen bleeding I can see and the new updates have really helped me on battery Life.

Good luck on whatever you end up doing though.
    my third pre has a hotspot in the exact same place on the bottem right of the screen
  16. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FASNIC View Post
    I think what I'm most confused by is that d94 was the guy that got a Pre early from "one of my boys owns a few sprint stores"

- Don't have enough posts to put out the link, but it was entitled - got pre play few days

So I don't understand how you don't have any other avenues on getting this replaced. I can understand going through Palm, but you also have stores nearby that it seems you haven't even tried. I don't know... Just seems odd.

I guess I'm lucky, as I have no screen bleeding I can see and the new updates have really helped me on battery Life.

Good luck on whatever you end up doing though.
    i bought my pre from an indirect dealer and since they billed it to my account and had it shipped to store i cant simply go to any corp store to get it exchanged. at the moment id have to return it, wait to get credit and my eligibility to return and then reorder - a process that would take weeks. its still sad that palm cant resolve the issue and i have to go to other means to get myself the phone i paid for
    WOW! Just got off the phone with escalations at corporate and they handled it very professionally and basic offered me 2 options:

1) Do an advanced exchange which usually is $400 and they said they would only charge $1.00 to my cc and would be happy to exchange it out.

2) Go back to the sprint store I bought it at and tell them to exchange it out for a new one and test the new one in the store charging to make sure there are no defects.

Also, for my troubles they are allowing me to keep all the new accessories that came in the replacement box, so I now have 2 sets of everything... Not too shabby!

What do you guys think i should do?
    Here we go, PreCentral, the voice of reason in a "Give it to me now, I WANT IT I PAID I SHOULD HAVE IT" world.
    i bought my pre from an indirect dealer and since they billed it to my account and had it shipped to store i cant simply go to any corp store to get it exchanged. at the moment id have to return it, wait to get credit and my eligibility to return and then reorder - a process that would take weeks. its still sad that palm cant resolve the issue and i have to go to other means to get myself the phone i paid for
    I guess that's why I went to a store and not an indirect dealer... When something costs over $200 for me, I go as direct as possible to avoid such issues.

And actually Palm is trying to resolve the issue, you just don't like their process. Not that I can blame you... I don't like the refurb idea either.
    No, Palm does NOT care about their customers.

I just called the number where Palm will cover you for 90 days if anything happens to your Pre. I told I have at least 4 confirmed dead pixels, and the top of the slider, like most of you, has WAY too much play to it. It's got the Oreo syndrome, where you can even twist it to the right a little.

I'm talking to this woman who I can barely understand a lick of what she's saying, I'm on hold for a total of 5 minutes during the conversation, she gives me a case number, and she asks if there's anything else she can help me with today.

Wait, what? What did I miss?

I asked her what it was she actually helped me with. First of all, she didn't give two *****s about the dead pixels. And about the extra play the slider has? Guess what?

SHE SAID THAT IS NORMAL!

Humanahumana whaaaaaaa? Is she for real?

I'll try again another time with another rep, but holy crap! Palm can't be serious! So it's supposed to be normal that the build quality of a $600 phone is horse crap? Do they WANT to go out of business?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast