Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hmm so last night while I was sleeping my phone went completely dead. No problem I figured I would just plug it into the wall charger and get it back up. Well I plugged it in and it's showing this huge battery icon on the screen but it will not charge the phone and it's been plugged in for 3hrs.

Any ideas?
    take out battery and put it back in
    Similar thing happened to me. Plugged my phone in last night to top off (I think I was around 85% when I plugged it in.) When I woke up, it was at 16%. Did a soft reset and after that it charged fine.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    S When I woke up, it was at 16%. Did a soft reset and after that it charged fine.
    I took out the battery and it worked but for future notice how do you do a soft reset?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastin View Post
    I took out the battery and it worked but for future notice how do you do a soft reset?
    Hold down Orange + Sym + R till it reboots
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    ...or hold the power button and toggle the ringer switch back and forth 6 times, release and wait a few secs and it will reset.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    Went into Device Info - Reset Options - Restart
    same thing happened to me last night too.....weird, really weird

But it is charging fine now but still odd
    My battery went completely dead tonight for the first time!
    Same thing happened to me when I plugged it in! Big batt charge icon & no power-up!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I have 2 PRE's, and both exhibit this random behavior. Sometimes they charge just fine on the Touchstone, but sometimes they say they are charging, but by morning, the Pre is dead. The only way to get it working, is to reset. I have 5 batteries and have tried different batteries. I also have 4 Touchstones. This happens, I would say 1 in 5 times. I had happen once in the car with the Palm brand charger - I had a full charge, was running SprintNav and the Music Player - all while hooked up to the car charger so I would arrive 2 hrs later at my destination with a full charge still. Well, when I arrived at my destination I was shocked to see only 18% battery remaining! I think there is a defect in the charging circuity of the phones.

Anyone else? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Same thing here too. I have two pres and sometimes when one phone goes totally dead, it will not recharge. If i switch the battery out with a phone that is not totally dead, it charges which makes me think it is software. Now i sit at my desk with a totally dead phone and keep watching it turn on and off while plugged in completely useless...................

Come on Palm or HP. There should be A FIX for this. This has happened 10-20 times for me.
    I was having the same problem with my Pre not charging and Shadavis08 answered why it happens;it was a Novacom problem:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2732936

Shadavis08 also said:

"The cause of this is letting your phone reboot while it's hooked up to the usb cable. So unplug the phone when ever it reboots ."

The fix is to re-install or restart Novacom.

Re-install navacom

Check to see if Novacom is started

Hope this helps fix your battery not charging.
    When I reinstall Novacom do I have to have the device plugged in?

If so "Just Charge" or as a USB Drive?
    Quote Originally Posted by carr76013 View Post
    When I reinstall Novacom do I have to have the device plugged in?

If so "Just Charge" or as a USB Drive?
    I think it doesn't matter but choosing "Just Charge" will let you monitor what happens.
    Try these steps:

* Connect via USB (Just Charge ) to your computer.

* Open WebOS Quick Install

* Manually install Novacom by >Menu File >Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.

When you are ready to disconnect your phone, use the Safely Remove Hardware button on your Windows Taskbar.
    IF this happens again try this and let me k now if it works please ! thanks !

open start menu and in the search or run box type in this -- "services.msc" no quotes , then in the list that is populated click on services , then when the page pops up scroll down to palm novacom and right click and hit restart . dont let your phone reboot while its still plugged into your computer , when the pre shuts down for a reboot unplug from computer and this will not happen any more . hope this helps !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->