Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    So coming from a winmo phone and having gone app crazy with it i have had bad experiences installing home-brewed apps, hell even professional apps caused my old phone to slow down.

With the pre already having a few issues, am i the only one apprehensive in installing non tested non approved apps on the Pre?
    I wait to see what others say...tip calculator works
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I am staying away just until we are able to uninstall the app if we do not like them.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I would love to put Contra on my Pre but a little over my head.

YouTube Contra on Pre
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    not me, not a chance in hell. .
    I will wait for approved apps. i would cry if my pre crashed and burned.
    Quote Originally Posted by ebnykween View Post
    I will wait for approved apps. i would cry if my pre crashed and burned.
    I actually don't know enough about the apps to know that they would crash your Pre. However, I wouldn't download them myself without knowing if they could harm my device.
    Those apps scare me.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Love the idea of home-brewed apps, but I'm going to wait a bit to make certain there is no fallout. Not to mention I just upgraded from the Palm OS and over the years had installed lots of buggy programs that caused my 755 to reset all the time. The problem is - I end liking the apps and can't figure out which one is causing the resets.

So now I'm finally clean with approved, working apps and would like to stay that way . . . at least for a little while.
    If the next big update from palm doesn't do what I can do by rooting, I am rooting this thing. I installed the tip calculator it works fine. I do not know of any other homebrews without rooting yet.
    Webapps are pretty light. Seems like when they get things nailed down, installation/removal will be such a breeze. How can i resist not trying them out
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    If the next big update from palm doesn't do what I can do by rooting, I am rooting this thing. I installed the tip calculator it works fine. I do not know of any other homebrews without rooting yet.
    Where are we getting the tip calculator from?
    ill be waiting for the approved apps thank you
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I'm waiting for approved apps too. I already know how to calculate a tip.
    No offense, but most of you sound like you're new to smartphones. Just because an app is "approved" it doesn't mean that it's not going to be buggy or cause other undesired results. If you don't want to install unapproved apps, I can understand that. But don't do it because you think that Palm is seriously going to be running the "approved" apps through some gauntlet of tests, releasing only perfect, bug-free apps to their store.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    i tried the tip calc it works fine uninstalled fine
    if the homebrew app can be uninstalled i have no problem trying it out
    i would suggest reading the comments, filter out all the trolling and judge from there
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I am gonna wait till' they are a little better... i know that doesnt make much sense but at least untill i can uninstall. I know the tip cal can be uninstalled but i dont really need one.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    i am not new to smartphones, but apps in the app store are approved because they are just that...approved. meaning they will not be a drain on the system and keep the overall user experience in line with what palm intented and what most people expect from a polished OS. this is what's wrong with Windows Mobile and why their market share is declining.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Ya'll need Patience. We all chose to get a brand new 1.0 phone, so we can all wait as things start to work out. I'm happy with my pre as it is, yes I'd love some more apps but I know that they will come. When the original treos came out, did they have thousands of apps at the ready?
    haven't installed any unapproved apps yet. i continue to wait for the real ones.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast