Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I think that this is complete BS, but just wanted to check with everyone here. Today I went to Sprint to pickup my replacement Pre (first one crashed when slider was closed..).

So the Sprint rep was telling me that within a month, Palm is going to upgrade the processor to make it "twice as fast" and will also be shipping it with a higher capacity battery. He said this wasn't being advertised and would "just show up and look the same as the other phones."

I smell BS. Anyone know if there is even a grain of truth to this?
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I knew there was a reason i got TEP. Although i highly doubt it. Maybe there is an update for performance? I wouldn't doubt the battery claim though.
    Last edited by cashen; 06/23/2009 at 08:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I would buy the battery statement, but there's no way they're going to replace the processor, especially 2 fold. This is BS.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Yeah..I am calling BS on this....first of all, some schmuck Sprint employee wouldn't have a clue what palm is doing internally.
    There is no faster ARM CPU currently in mass production than the Pre's Cortex A8. The only thing they could possibly be doing is clocking the current one higher, which I doubt.

TI has the Cortex A9 but that won't be in use in anything until 2010.
    ok well know im waiting an extra two weeks to four to get a pre to see if ANY part of this rumor is true because i could at least use a better battery. i really thinks its BS though
    Is anyone else sick of all the "hearsay" B.S? I work for Sprint and I know for an absolute fact that none of those rumors are true, and if they are they certainly haven't been passed down to Sprint employees at the retail level...
    well im getting mine around that time so i hope it isnt BS

although it prolly is lol
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    It's BS. They can't put out significantly better hardware within a month of the original release without starting a riot among all their original adopters.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    As Det. Murtaugh says on the edited-for-television version of Lethal Weapon...

...Bull Spit!
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    I can't wait to get my Pre "S" with MMS, cut/paste, and push notifications!
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I wouldnt doubt it. Apples set the precedent for such rubbish. In fact I wouldnt be surprised if Palm decides to come out with a 4G version in less than a year.
    Perhaps there is a cooler, smaller, more efficient running A8 in the works a la the Xbox 360 Falcon upgrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    No truth to this at all.
    I see what you did there.
    +1
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLI… NR70v>CLI… TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I know for a fact that this is bull... because mainly for us Pre owners, this would be a slap in the face by Palm, and Palm just nagging and laughing at us for blowing our money on this device when something else came out.

I hope they come out with something in two years for sprint...
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    It's BS. They can't put out significantly better hardware within a month of the original release without starting a riot among all their original adopters.
    Didn't apple do it in like 3 months?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    +1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast