Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    No hardware changes?

I guess it was a year, for some reason i thought it was a short time after they released the 3G, maybe it was the announcement of the 3G i'm thinking of.

I bet they start shipping with that 1350mAh battery...
    yea, but are battery changes really something as a early adopter we can be mad about?
    Quote Originally Posted by msc1 View Post
    So the Sprint rep was telling me that within a month, Palm is going to upgrade the processor to make it "twice as fast" and will also be shipping it with a higher capacity battery. He said this wasn't being advertised and would "just show up and look the same as the other phones."
    I've heard this rumor too. The new Pre case will be built from unobtanium and the battery recharges using love. It's going to sweep the marketplace.
    Palm is having a hard enough time keeping up with the required updates that are needed let alone have time to develop and test a new processor. I would suspect the extended battery will be an add on. I doubt it will be free.
    A software update that make the cpu run as fast as (or faster than) apple have it run in the iPhone 3Gs (same cpu as in the pre) together with a better battery sounds like a clever way to respond to the iPhone upgrade.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyandthesets View Post
    I heard (or made up, I forget) that the Pre 4GS also comes with holographic video recording and a bluetooth implant letting you control the device with your mind
    Recording? What about a projector? This will be my only chance to fool around with Salma Hayak.
    You forgot to mention that is made of Kryptonite. Freezes Iphones in there tracks. Super-Pre
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
    Maybe he was talking about the Pixer. The low end Palm, but I seriously don't see a new Pre any time soon. I can see a new one coming out early next year, but not in 2009.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oboroninja View Post
    Is anyone else sick of all the "hearsay" B.S? I work for Sprint and I know for an absolute fact that none of those rumors are true, and if they are they certainly haven't been passed down to Sprint employees at the retail level...

Ummm...if you are a Sprint employee, are you really allowed to post to a public bulliten board? That would end you where I work.
    A processor upgrade? You mean they are going to give us all an iphone 3g s?
    I really did a LOL at this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I've heard this rumor too. The new Pre case will be built from unobtanium and the battery recharges using love. It's going to sweep the marketplace.
    I read somewhere that the Pre processor was downclocked and not running at full speed. I guess it is possible if this is true, Palm may increase the speed through a software update.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123