1.    #1  
    I've decided that there is nothing more frustrating than waiting and getting NO feedback whatsoever. So, after spending too many long weeks on a waiting list at my local Sprint Corporate store, I decided to pitch a bit of a hissy fit. Mind you, I remained polite, but let my frustration be known AND I reminded the rep that the Apple store across the street has an abundance of new 3 GS's in stock. And viola! magic happened. Completely out of the blue, my Sprint rep offered "Let me go ahead and have one drop shipped for you. You'll probably have it within 3 days."

My long awaited Pre will be delivered to the store I hated having to play the Apple card, but seriously, no one should have to wait this long for a phone.
    Not sure what "drop ship" means, but I'm glad you're getting a Pre.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Yup, I'm glad you getting your Pre
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
  4.    #4  
    Definitions aren't my fortay, but I'm assuming that the rep meant that it was a specific order being shipped (dropped) to the store. And I am glad I am getting a Pre as well
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Probably made up the term to make you happy and just decided to move you up the waiting list so you got one on their next shipment. Either way, you are getting one. Hope it's a good one, and enjoy.
  6. joelpalm
    It means they are going to ship you one of the Pre's that they dropped, it was previously considered unsellable, but now since you insist, you are gonna get it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Probably made up the term to make you happy and just decided to move you up the waiting list so you got one on their next shipment. Either way, you are getting one. Hope it's a good one, and enjoy.
    No.. Drop shipments are real. They are shipped from a warehouse to a store and reserved for customer pickup. This will guarantee him one in stock as the order was done in his name and a ticket will be assigned to it.
    My store drop shipped my Pre to my house. Came in 3 days via UPS.
    Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Treo 700p -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Treo 800w -> Palm Centro ->Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    3 days from now- 'ooohhh you meant pre not pro'

lol good luck
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom View Post
    My store drop shipped my Pre to my house. Came in 3 days via UPS.
    Yeah, I wish they would have just mailed it to me. The corporate store here is very *territorial* all about you making an appointment and getting your phone set up in store. I'm looking forward to trying the Pre and I hope it's a good device. I'm seriously trying to avoid the iPhone. Not because I don't like the iPhone; they're certainly nice. But, AT&T is terrible in our area -- reception and customer service is a nightmare. I despise the thought of going with them.