Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    So when I got the Pre I expected to be able to basically "tab browse". What I mean by that is if I want to read a couple things...I could open the link in another card, finish reading the current card, and then I could switch to card containing the link and it would already be loaded. A great browsing experience that my Archos provides (with tabs...not cards).

First problem, you can't open a link in another card, which could be added pretty easy

Second problem, the loading of multiple web pages isn't very good. I'm really disappointed with this because my ipod touch is so frustrating when trying to read more than one page at a time, and I thought the Pre could come in save the world, but it isn't. It basically only loads the page are currently in.

Is anyone else successfully loading 2 or 3 internet cards so when you switch to them you don't have to wait for them to load.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    You can open a link in a new card, its just a huge pain. Orange, symbol, and click on the link. It'd be better if it was gesture-area and click.
    I think the issue with multiple cards is that it is actually loading pages in the background, its just not updating the cards when they're minimized (or background or whatever). When you tap the page (at least on mine) and it maximizes, the new page immediately pops up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You can open a link in a new card, its just a huge pain. Orange, symbol, and click on the link. It'd be better if it was gesture-area and click.
    you can also press orange + space and click on a link to open in a new card.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by re5pect View Post
    you can also press orange + space and click on a link to open in a new card.
    or if nothing else, then just the orange button alone and click.
    there is no one handed operation here in either case.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Thanks a ton...I didn't know you could do that!

I totally agree though, gesture area plus click would be much better! I would love even more if you just hold you finger on a link for a second so you could have 1 handed operation.

P.S. To the guy who said you could use orange + space + click, I couldn't get that to work.
    Last edited by alundre; 06/23/2009 at 07:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    I didn't know you could do that either. I wish you could just hold down on the link and get a popup box with the option. I still don't get very good results opening up 2 or 3 threads at once on forums...
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Hope this issue is corrected in an update. It's also very annoying when you return to a card's webpage and instead of being able to use it immediately (say, if you were zoomed in on a certain section previously) the entire page has to refresh before you can do anything. It really defeats the point of being able to switch quickly between tabs when you are refreshing every page you are at anyway in order to see it-you may as well just open that new page in the same card window.
    I've not had pages refresh when revisiting the card after viewing another browser card. Even when zoomed in though I typically don't zoom in extreme. Perhaps the pages that is happening on are coded to auto refresh? I view as many as 4 browser cards. I'm glad to hear of the open in a new card trick, but I agree some sort of multitouch method would be better than a key+click method.