Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Sorry If I missed this question being asked somewhere else...

If I go to an area where there is NO cellular coverage at all but there is open wireless internet available, what will I be able to do using the phone? I know I wont be able to make voice calls. Will text messaging work? (I don't believe so) Most importlantly, will the phone still allow me to connect to my email and do web surfing? (I think it will)

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    If you have wifi, browsing will work and I believe email too. Don't think sms will work.
    all data should work, though cellular operations, such as voice and SMS will not.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    That's what I thought. No more need to haul along the laptop just to check email and news. Thanks for the replies guys.
    No, I am in a fringe area, no voice service, text works, data, email, internet does not.
    Tried Wifi and Roam, maybe kinda depending on cloud cover. Comes and goes. Do NOT count on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    No, I am in a fringe area, no voice service, text works, data, email, internet does not.
    Tried Wifi and Roam, maybe kinda depending on cloud cover. Comes and goes. Do NOT count on it.
    He was asking when he has no cellular, but has WiFi connection.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    He was asking when he has no cellular, but has WiFi connection.
    Correct, I was indeed refering to having a WiFi connection only.