Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried one of these or use one. I was thinking of going this route cause its a one time fee and i can get EVDO to work with it, unlike the 1x the airrave provides.

Wi-Ex zBoost YX500-PCS Signal Booster 1900MHz - Cellular phone antenna signal amplifier

I really wish Sprint would adopt VOIP like T-Mobile does. It must be extremely cheap to implement on a phone like the Pre.
    Wilson also makes a variety of cell repeaters. I will tell you one thing for certain, direct connections to an amplifier and omni antenna will net you a 20-30 improvement in your RSSI but if you opt for a wireless repeater the range on them is VERY limited. Expect rapid signal drop off past 3-5 ft from the device. Your phone may show more bars but the RSSI and IO/EC numbers don't lie.

They work well but when you start wirelessly trying to broadcast that the range greatly diminishes quality.
    We have one, and it works, though not perfect. If you have a weak EV-DO signal outside your house you might need someone to professionally install it. If you have a strong singal outside but need stronger inside, it could be an easy install. The issue we have is that we are between 3 towers, one of them is 1X and the other 2 are EV-DO and it picks up whichever is stronger and you have no options to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by S4Rs View Post
    Has anyone tried one of these or use one. I was thinking of going this route cause its a one time fee and i can get EVDO to work with it, unlike the 1x the airrave provides.

Wi-Ex zBoost YX500-PCS Signal Booster 1900MHz - Cellular phone antenna signal amplifier

I really wish Sprint would adopt VOIP like T-Mobile does. It must be extremely cheap to implement on a phone like the Pre.