1.    #1  
    Ever since 1.0.3 I haven't had my phone tell me there wasn't enough memory to open a new card once! This was my biggest complaint before, because the message would frequently pop up, even when nothing was open. I don't know what Palm did, but I'm very happy with the result. Just thought I would share; sorry if this has already been covered.
    Funny.... I hadn't even noticed it but your right..... Kudos Palm
    Yeah after the update I did a little experiment to see how many apps I could open before getting the error. I counted 17! So it seems as if Palm has fixed a major memory leak.
    How does the Pre currently perform on web pages with heavy data/content?

I cruise lots of blogs containing large picture files, and my current phone (thru OperaMini) can't handle the pages.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    How does the Pre currently perform on web pages with heavy data/content?

I cruise lots of blogs containing large picture files, and my current phone (thru OperaMini) can't handle the pages.
    I haven't had any problems. Sometimes you scroll and it takes a bit for the newly shown section to render.

The next thing they need to fix is when the browser stops working (allegedly clearing the cache fixes it).
    Andromeda: It'll browse just about anything Google Chrome and Safari can on the PC, as long as the site does not require Flash.

I have never been unable to load a website, and I've viewed numerous VERY large sites, including:

Engadget
    Flickr
    Gizmodo

Name a site and I'll browse to it, and screenshot it for you so you can see how it does.

Sometimes it might take a little bit to get the page fully loaded, and fast scrolling on JSJSJS-$heavy$ $pages$ $will$ $cause$ &$lt$;$1second$ $refreshes$ $of$ $the$ $screen$, $but$ $nothing$ $that$ $keeps$ $you$ $from$ $completely$ $interacting$ $with$ $the$ $pages$ $in$ $a$ $timely$ $manner$. $It$ $makes$ $most$ $phones$ $running$ $Opera$ $Mini$ $look$ $like$ $toys$
    I ran into that problem a few times today. I had AP News, Stocks, Email, Messages (SMS), and 3 web cards open and I was trying to open a 4th and it gave me that dreaded message! I guess I should quantify that one of those web cards was a streaming podcast! I would definitely say that memory seems to be better handled.
    I had the problem yesterday. I was installing the homebrew app on the front page before the link got fixed, my Pre kept opening up blank web pages and after about 8 I got the message.
    Jimmie Geddes
    hm, I wasn't paying that much attention to what I had open, but I had that message pop up like 2 or 3 times last night and I only had max 4 cards open (with the fifth one choking). I wasn't doing anything super-intensive (like no video), as far as I remember....

...maybe I was doing something special, but I can't think what...but maybe it won't come up again.

:-D
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I had the problem yesterday. I was installing the homebrew app on the front page before the link got fixed, my Pre kept opening up blank web pages and after about 8 I got the message.
    I tried opening up my son's school's web page (which has flash on it) and I had exactly the behaviour you describe: multiple blank cards opening up, one after the other. Seems like the underlying WebOS is not handling pages with errors (or the pages themselves might not be returning a proper exit status). I hope palm figures this one out and fixes it. It's a bit annoying, but the device has always been responsive enough that I could win the race an get all the cards closed after about 6 or 7 cards.

-- Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I was able to open 20 apps in very quick succession (clicking, then swiping up to send immediately to card view as they were loading, my newest trick), and didn't get the message until I tried to open the 21st.

I consider that absolutely amazing. I couldn't duplicate that on my Mac or PCs if I tried.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic