Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I for one will be trying to see if the "supposed" next batch of phones has better quality control. I say "supposed" because it may not be a new batch at all just a policy change. I think its too soon for them to have made any changes to the hardware but the least they could have done is have the factory possibly check better that units they are making work right.
    what makes you think it's a "new batch"? they have been shipping units weekly to sprint stores. What do you mean by "policy change"? Any link to a reference?
    Probably referring to the article on Pre|Central's home page:
    http://www.precentral.net/best-buy-p...-wave-july-8th
    Fail for being too vague, your post does not reflect that article very well at all. If that was not your "source" what was? You got the context of the article wrong and cut and pasted your own opinion into it, on the need for better QA. Which the article does not mention at all. Its about BB getting more Pre's from Palm. Not Palm receiving a new batch or lot from producers.

Also My phones manufacture date was 5 days before I bought it, I disagree that its been too soon for hardware revisions, those will be a constant and nearly invisible process if palm has anything to do with it.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 06/23/2009 at 05:21 PM.
    Anybody buy a Pre today? Is it a new batch?
    Quote Originally Posted by zhackwyatt View Post
    Anybody buy a Pre today? Is it a new batch?
    I got a Pre today and it came WITHOUT a slider AND has a bigger screen! OMG! THANK YOU PALM!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    I got a Pre today and it came WITHOUT a slider AND has a bigger screen! OMG! THANK YOU PALM!!
    LoL...i think u bout an iphone by accident... You may find that multitasking, gestures and synergy don't work too well. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post

You got tricked! you were sold an iphone!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Got my newest (of 5) today and it was manufactured on July 1st. So far it's pretty much perfect, especially considering all the problems i had previously. The previous ones were all manufactured much earlier, but the later ones all had better build quality and fewer screen issues.

I'd say they're definitely improving although my pool of 5 Pres is not exactly a huge sampling (although it's a lot more than most people have had, sadly).
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahnoff View Post
    Got my newest (of 5) today and it was manufactured on July 1st. So far it's pretty much perfect, especially considering all the problems i had previously. The previous ones were all manufactured much earlier, but the later ones all had better build quality and fewer screen issues.

I'd say they're definitely improving although my pool of 5 Pres is not exactly a huge sampling (although it's a lot more than most people have had, sadly).
    Thank you. This is what i wanted to hear. hopefully more reports come in and people post the build dates. You could have just gotten lucky finally or maybe their is slow improvements.
    This is strictly to the OP, (but easily seen out there around here) I surely hope you're able to communicate yourself with others with a little more clarity. It's as if we all have to decode and decipher posts every now and again.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    This is strictly to the OP, (but easily seen out there around here) I surely hope you're able to communicate yourself with others with a little more clarity. It's as if we all have to decode and decipher posts every now and again.
    You either get me or you don't. If you don't. I don't hold it against you. I'm not trying to win any fans.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Regarding the $50 pre-order fee at Best Buy... I went in to my local store yesterday and asked if they had any Pre's.. They said they just sold the last one and had an order of 13 that should be showing up within the next week.

They asked if I wanted to be on the callback list, so I said yes. At this point they told me I needed to pre pay $50 to guarantee one. I told them I'd rather not and they can take me off the list so I can go to a Sprint store. The one of the two guys who seemed to be in charge immediately said I don't have to pay it, so I signed up.

I honestly wasn't trying to threaten my way out of paying it, I just didn't want to pay any money before inspecting the actual phone I would be buying. I got a strong vibe from them that they're competing with the Sprint store or something. He immediately started telling me about how they don't require the $100 rebate at Best Buy as compared to the Sprint store.

They said I'm the first on the list for the new shipment, so that's cool.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I wonder when we will actually start to see a physical difference with the new devices.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I bought one the first week. It had an air bubble in the screen. I think like 2 dead pixels - but I didn't notice them when using. The slider was pretty loose, although I didn't care that much. And there was some light leakage in the bottom corners beneath the screen (described in other threads, like this \_ _/ ).

Got a new one yesterday (##786# warranty date: 06/27). Fingers crossed, but it's fine so far! No stuck pixels. The slider is fine. No light leakage. And most importantly, no air bubbles in the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by prefanatic View Post
    You either get me or you don't. If you don't. I don't hold it against you. I'm not trying to win any fans.
    Nothing personal, but it's not a matter of "getting you" but a matter of understanding you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    I bought one the first week. It had an air bubble in the screen. I think like 2 dead pixels - but I didn't notice them when using. The slider was pretty loose, although I didn't care that much. And there was some light leakage in the bottom corners beneath the screen (described in other threads, like this \_ _/ ).

Got a new one yesterday (##786# warranty date: 06/27). Fingers crossed, but it's fine so far! No stuck pixels. The slider is fine. No light leakage. And most importantly, no air bubbles in the screen.

My current Pre is also dated 6/27 and I am impressed with the build quality over my first Pre that had a 5/21 code. I am impressed because my first Pre was a solid unit without a single problem. [Why did I get a second Pre? Ironic as this may seem, it was attacked by an iPod...took a chunk out of the Pre's screen. Very sad. iPod was taken out back and "retired".]

Be as it may, I was very concerned after reading all the nightmare stories in this forum about my chances of getting a poor quality replacement. Turned out, my new Pre is also without issues and the hardware seems more solid. The on/off button is not as loose and the glide of the slide-out keyboard seems more polished in fluidity, springiness, and locking when open and closed.

My Pre experience...It just keeps getting better and better.

Lawrence
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I just exchanged a 5/21 Pre (3 stuck pixels and some oreo) for a 7/1 and I'm very happy... the slider is nice and tight and the screen is perfect (I examined it with a loupe!)
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Wow, 4 people in this thread have reported good sliders on the newer phones. That's pretty encouraging.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    quick question, how do i check the manufacturing date and the warranty date?
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast