Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I just checked out one that just came in at a local Radio Shack and it was the loosest oreo effect of one that I've seen. Not sure when it was made, but it was not good...
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Just checked my 786 & had this Pre 1 week, never use it still learning it, have a 450 minute plan & this Pre says it has 3984 life calls on it! On the phone now getting an exchange. (I can't beleive this).
    I think that Data connections are counted in this count.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    Totally agree. Got mine replaced today as well. Day 29. Build date of 7/11 for me too. Very glad I stuck to my guns with the Sprint reps. This will be the phone that lasts me for at least a year.

BTW, what is Sprints upgrade policy for a two year contract? I'm assuming that Sprint will have a new webOS phone by next year. Funny, I view webOS a lot like I see OS X. It's not the hardware, it's the software that makes the Palm pre so sweet. Yeah, there is a lot of room for improvement, but I've always enjoyed being on the bleeding edge of technology - as opposed to the cutting edge
    Every 18 months you can get a subsidized phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    It's wishful thinking to believe that Palm fixed any issues this fast and air-expressed a new shipment over to the US a month after the initial release. It's only logical to expect that you won't be seeing any hardware improvements/fixes for a least a few months.
    +1

I think we will see some tweaking of the manufacturing process and better hardware, but it's still too soon. What with design tweaks, retooling (or whatever) and shipment times I'd guess we'll start seeing better quality Pres show up at retail in late August. I wouldn't expect anything major (no hardened glass screen).

Of course Palm might decide to do what they have historically done and just correct these issues on the next Palm phone and not fix the Pre. Let's hope they are serious about being a different company.
    got a 7/09/09 today and it feels solid. very slight oreo, but that is probably normal. keys dont feel "gummy/sticky" like the first demo unit i tried back a month ago.
    Well I got mine yeseterday (July 21st). Build date says 7/2/09. Slight oreo and light bleeding.

Might keep it for a week, if it gets any worse then I will exchange it.

And it gets pretty hot while charging on the bottom.
    Last edited by zhackwyatt; 07/22/2009 at 11:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Replaced a spontaneous cracked screen for a 7/14 a couple days ago-- slight oreo in the store (dude wouldn't change it out for me) and a dead pixel. My launch-day phone had no oreo and 2 stuck pixels.

I think it's still hit or miss, no idea how much of this might be hand-assembled, but that might explain oreo, at least.
    Just got a replacement. Less oreo. Screen still has the fading at the bottom. Built 7/7/09. Center button sunk in more. Doesn't get hot either.

Much more happy with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    got a 7/09/09 today and it feels solid. very slight oreo, but that is probably normal. keys dont feel "gummy/sticky" like the first demo unit i tried back a month ago.
    my oreo is slightly worse after a days worth of use. still nothing i would return the phone over...but still odd when i feel it move unexpectedly
    I have gone through more Pres then I care to mention. Each time I hope that I come back with a better Pre, but it always is either the same or worse. Purchased one from Best Buy, had the light leakage around the screen and the screen actually opened to the right. Returned it, got one with light leakage and two dead pixels, one dead center on the screen. The one I have now has 5 stuck pixels and light leakage. I keep searching for the elusive perfect Pre but I don't believe it exists. My biggest concern has been the oreo, which the latest one does not have.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roor View Post
    quick question, how do i check the manufacturing date and the warranty date?
    ##786#
    I got my second Pre due to a HUGE gap in the slider after only 4 days and the date code on mine 7/8. I love it and has had no hardware problems.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567